Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default So leggings aren't pants. What about jeggings?

If you own jeggings how do you style them? Like leggings? Like pants? I have a pair of Gap ponte jeggings (zipper and button waist, front and back pockets). The pant styling (belt loops and button waist) make them a bit bulkier on top than a legging so some long tanks, long sweaters, etc kind of look odd. My go to is to wear them with a poncho sweater and knee high boots. This blog (http://franish.blogspot.com/2013/10/...ing-jeans.html) she pairs them often with a blazer. I don't think I like my butt/hips enough to do that.

Other styling ideas?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Good question. I think that I style them more like pants.... But right now I cant think of what I put with them. Dolman style tshirt?

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wear them with shirts/sweaters/jackets that hit mid hip or lower. Definitely nothing that hits me at belt level.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I clicked on your link, I don't think that look is flattering on that blogger, especially not flattering enough to tell people "look at my cool outfit". I don't wear jeggings because I don't think they'd be flattering on me. (I'm not saying that would be true for you wendibird). That's one trend I've decided to skip...I put my DDs in jeggings instead, they look adorable. I'll stick to leggings and tunics.

I do think if you end up getting the blardigan, it would look good with jeggings.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I think the key is layering. I think she describes it well (with photos) http://pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.co...not-pants.html
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wear the more like pants. However, I don't tuck my shirts in or wear a belt with them like the girl in the picture.
    Last edited by elektra; 02-23-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    DD
    DS

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just say no to jeggins. Leggings styled with long sweaters or shirts/tunics, I'm ok with.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think it depends on the definition of "jeggings." If we are talking about denim-colored leggings in a ponte or stretch jersey fabric, I would treat them more like leggings (tops must cover tushie). If they are just super stretchy denim, I would style them more like jeans.

I prefer the latter to the former.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

After reading a lot about ponte on YLF, I started covering up, but I'm less paranoid about it than regular leggings. If my sweater is the tiniest bit short, I don't sweat it. If it has full pockets, like jeans, I don't sweat it. But most of the time, I do what I can to cover up.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    After reading a lot about ponte on YLF, I started covering up, but I'm less paranoid about it than regular leggings. If my sweater is the tiniest bit short, I don't sweat it. If it has full pockets, like jeans, I don't sweat it. But most of the time, I do what I can to cover up.
    My strategy too.

I really don't like the bloggers look but I also don't like tucked in tops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast