Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Why do you need an eye cream and a moisturizer?

Can someone explain this to me? I don't really understand why you wouldn't want something for your whole face that's as good as the stuff for your eyes. Still trying to figure out the best skincare products for me, and it is so confusing!

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Can someone explain this to me? I don't really understand why you wouldn't want something for your whole face that's as good as the stuff for your eyes. Still trying to figure out the best skincare products for me, and it is so confusing!
    As far as I understand, the skin around the eyes is thinner, tends to dry out faster, and is more prone to wrinkling--crows feet. I know I usually end up adding extra moisturizer around my eyes in the morning before I put on make up--it gives me better make up coverage and doesn't make it crack as badly.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

And some face moisturizers have ingredients you wouldn't want to use on thin, delicate eye area.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

According to Paula Begoun (The Cosmetics Cop, creator of Paula's Choice) you don't. I thought this was an interesting read:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-a...-and-heres-why
    Green Tea, mom to three