Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bra question

Default Bra question

So I finally hauled myself to Nordstrom last night for a bra fitting. I had been wearing a 34B and measured a 34D! The bras the salesgirl chose for me definitely fit really well and give me great shape. I noticed today, though, that the area under my arm (below the armpit, near where the wire meets the side of the bra) feels irritated. My old bras were way skimpier than these new ones, and they didn't cover that area at all, so it may be that I just need to get used to the feel of a bra with more coverage. The band size is definitely snug enough, and the bras are quite comfortable otherwise. I'm not red or chafed, just irritated. I just took the one I was wearing off and put on a jog bra instead. Is this normal? I tried on a few brands and these were by far the best fit. They are Natori. Bra experts, what are your thoughts?
    Green Tea, mom to three

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am the same way, and it's reasonably common for new bras that are properly fitted. They take a few wearings to break in. One thing to check is that the wires are wide enough on the side and thus are not sitting on breast tissue.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    I am the same way, and it's reasonably common for new bras that are properly fitted. They take a few wearings to break in. One thing to check is that the wires are wide enough on the side and thus are not sitting on breast tissue.
    The wires are definitely wide enough. Glad to know it's common!
    Green Tea, mom to three

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

That would worry me. Because if they are supposed to fit snug, then once they stretch out to be comfortable they will ride up or not be as supportive. I would maybe wear them one more time and then return them - there are plenty of other bras out there that should be a better fit if Natori's just aren't for you.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maylips View Post
    That would worry me. Because if they are supposed to fit snug, then once they stretch out to be comfortable they will ride up or not be as supportive. I would maybe wear them one more time and then return them - there are plenty of other bras out there that should be a better fit if Natori's just aren't for you.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know if it's supposed to happen but I experienced something similar after I was fitted at a great local shop. I was irritated for maybe three days with the bra on the loosest hook and then it seemed to stretch a little and was perfect after that.

Sounds like it might not be the best bra for you. FWIW, I have a Natori bra that does not work for me and I regret not returning it. The straps are too thin for me and I wind up getting all red in the shoulders. I prefer Chantelle. Have you tried the Chantelle Rive Gauche 3281? It is my new favorite bra.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaTC View Post
    Sounds like it might not be the best bra for you. FWIW, I have a Natori bra that does not work for me and I regret not returning it. The straps are too thin for me and I wind up getting all red in the shoulders. I prefer Chantelle. Have you tried the Chantelle Rive Gauche 3281? It is my new favorite bra.
    That's a gorgeous bra! I will try it next time I am at Nordstrom. I did try a Chantelle bra on, but it wasn't the right fit. The woman who did the fitting said that people are usually Chantelle wearers or Natori wearers.

Wore one of the Natoris out to dinner tonight and it was OK. Going to try again tomorrow, and then return if necessary.

Thanks for all the feedback!
    Green Tea, mom to three

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's funny. I am a Natori girl. I love their tshirt bra.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Natori wasn't comfortable for me either and I'm a DD cup. I ended up with a Wacoal. It's very comfortable.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast