Default Baby jogger pod $350

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this? All time best price per CCC. I've been wanting a bike trailer for the summer. The fact that this doubles as a jogging stroller would be a bonus. I haven't had a chance to compare this to burley of any of the other well known bike trailing companies. I also haven't had a chance to check any out in person as I was waiting for the weather to change. Not sure if this is one of those types of things you should never buy without trying it personally, but at this price I think I should jump on it. I could always return it. Would love other people's thoughts/experiences.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0059D...2853739&sr=8-1

Thanks - also wasn't sure where to put this since it can be used in stroller mode, but I am asking more about bike trailers. Mods, feel free to move.

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

That's an awesome price! I haven't used it either, but I wish I had purchased that instead of the Chariot I got on craigslist -- even folded I can BARELY squeeze it in my trunk :-( It's been collecting dust in the garage.

It would be nice if the POD came with some sort of front attachment. But even with the bike and jogger kits, you're looking at a very reasonable 450+tax.

I had a pod briefly, it worked really well in the stroller mode, it folded up so nicely and compact. I did sell it eventually and replaced it with a chariot cougar, because the pod was so hard to pull in trailer mode. Otherwise I would have kept it :-(

Thanks for your response. I have been furiously researching all night! I'll prob buy it at that price thinking even if I don't like it amazon had free returns. It's good to hear how it compares to the chariot (which I was also looking it). Some reviews online note that even though it's advertised as a double it is too small for 2 kids and others complain about the fact the seats are too upright. Did either of those things bother your kids?

My kids were fine with the seating, of course they are on the thinner/smaller side. I did love how the seats were fully lined and padded. The chariot is more ergonomic so it is easier to push and pull, and it is better for taller children. I have older children who like to ride their bikes regularly so we use our trailer 2-4 times a week during the nicer weather. So it just made sense to have a trailer that was easiest to ride with....

So, I just wanted to let you know my decision.

I bought the pod just to lock in the price, but after reading more about it I decided that I am going to return it. Since my primary use for it was going to be as a bike trailer, I needed something that "had a good pull". I will also probably run with it, but it will never be my primary stroller and is heard the pod was better in regular stroller mode than the other two modes. Plus, since I can leave it in the garage when not in use the fold wasn't my biggest priority. I ended up getting a chariot cheetah which I found new at a great price - $542 shipped for all three attachments with an additional 5% back on ebates. I got it from mountain plus outdoor if anyone else is looking. That was almost how much I would have paid for the pod after buying all the attachments. After researching I really wanted the cougar, but I just couldn't afford a new one and I wasn't able to find a used one and didn't feel like spending weeks/months waiting for one to turn up. Plus, since every decision has pros and cons, the cheetah is lighter I don't really plan to go off road so I don't need suspension. I'm excited about my purchase and can't wait to start riding now that my DS is over a year!

Thanks for all your help!!! I'll try to remember to post an update after I've had it a few months.