Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thoughts on this Dress?

So I ordered this dress from LE in mint spritz. I like the pattern and color. Except--the pattern does not match along the front seam. It is right in the middle, the length of the dress. Maybe that is not such a big deal anymore??

http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...98?sku_0=::OJN

My other issue is that I have to wear a sweater or a jacket with it. Can't wear sleeveless at work due to dress code, not to mention that I will freeze with the AC in my office. I ordered the LE dress cardigan in yellow and mint. The yellow does not work for me (I am blonde and need colors with a blue base tone. Yellow, brown, etc just makes me look awful.) The mint is ok for the color but the sweater is not that attractive. I suppose I could order in the 10-12 size but I wear a 12-14 in jackets/sweaters and am not usually comfortable in the smaller size.
    http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...n/id_250075_59

So I thought I would try ordering the cardigan that you see modeled with the dress above (if you click the mint spritz dress)--but if I do that, what color would you pick given that I don't know the yellow would work on me????
    http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...n/id_234741_59

Or do I just bag it and find something else!!! Thanks!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well, I love the dress BUT the pattern not matching along the front seam would drive me crazy. I expect things like that from clothing from places like Forever 21, not at the price point of Lands End.

I would probably go for a grey or maybe the mushroom colored cardigan, but most of my clothing is neutral so I might not be the person to ask!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love that dress too but that will not lining up...I couldn't buy it. I've seen it in person too and immediately drawn to it but they all are just off right down the center. I would pass on the dress.

That's just it. It is a lovely quality fabric etc. Why put the seam there? Not having it match just looks bad to me. sigh.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Well, I love the dress BUT the pattern not matching along the front seam would drive me crazy. I expect things like that from clothing from places like Forever 21, not at the price point of Lands End.
    This. By not lining up the pattern it makes it look cheaply made, too bad, but it looks like it could be a really cute dress. If I bought it I would silently curse that seam everytime I saw it, I would pass.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would pass too.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Add me to the group where the non matching seam would make me bananas. I would skip the dress.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Yeah, that would bother me, too (sorry)! It even looks like the patterns don't match up along the seam in the picture on the model on their site. Cute dress. but you could probably do better (especially if you need a sweater with it and don't like the colors that would work with it).

ok, thanks everybody. I thought maybe I was being too picky, but I agree with everybody who said the mismatched seam would drive them bonkers every time they put on the dress! And I am the least OCD person I know. It just looks cheap IMO. Why in the heck go to the trouble to make a nice quality dress and then have it look cheap??? argh. Oh well, easy on my wallet to return it!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I appreciate that they had it off alignment in the pictures. Saved hassle of ordering and returning. No false advertising. It makes zero sense to me though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast