Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS2 was like this. I unwrapped a mini snickers bar and put it on a step in front of him (while he was on the potty) and told him he could have it after he pooped on the potty.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    DS2 was like this. I unwrapped a mini snickers bar and put it on a step in front of him (while he was on the potty) and told him he could have it after he pooped on the potty.
    I love the mental image this gave me I would totally do it if I thought it would help. Part of the problem is that Ds3 has no consistent time of day so its hard to target my bribing. I'm never really sure when he has to go until its too late.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

DS was the same. He didn't like pooping in the sitting position. They make a stool for grownups called the squatty potty

http://www.squattypotty.com

You could rig something similar. Honestly, DS still prefers to squat. Sometimes I catch him standing and squatting on the toilet seat. I just let him do it. Many, many cultures use squatting toilets. It really is a much more natural position for pooping (and birthing).

We did a star chart for DS for days with no underwear pooping. It did help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2