Thread: Round Crib

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Round Crib

What are the negatives about these? I have a situation where it would really be useful, but don't want to have overlooked an obvious downfall as they don't seem very popular. I know bedding can be more expensive, but I am just going to have a sheet and maybe a skirt.

Does the mattress go as low? I am not worried about the 45" vs 57" length (or whatever it is) because my 34" 2 yr old just fell straight onto her head trying to climb out of her crib so I think DD2 will be out of the crib long before she is 45". But I don't want the mattress higher on the lowest setting than a regular crib. Not sure why I think that, maybe I read it in a review.

I also don't need it to convert.

Any other problems with them I am not thinking of?

Thank you!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd also consider the cost of waterproof mattress pads.

I used a friend's round crib for a short while. The one I borrowed didn't have a height adjuster, so it was just a set height. I didn't foresee a problem of it being too low or too high.

What I didn't end up liking about it was that the round footprint took up too much space. It wasn't flush against the wall, so it seemed to take up more space. Secondly, the crib itself was small. My child outgrew it really fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk