My son turned 5 this January. He is nearing the end of his first year of preschool. It was rough in the beginning because he had never really been around many children his age except for in church, and he had a bit of a hard time adjusting. Once he got settled in, things seemed to be going okay. Then his teacher at his last conference starts telling me about him having very rude behavior and that he doesn't follow directions well. She said his academics are excellent, but his behavior is the issue. She even told me that the kindergarten teachers have taken noticeof him and have begun asking questions. When the teacher talks to me she just makes it seem like he is this awful rude child when at home and everywhere else he is the complete opposite. You couldn't meet a more loving boy. Yes, he is a bit spoiled because he is an only child, but he knows he has rules. We don't tolerate rudeness in our house, and he shows no one else any disrespet. The behavior she talks about, to me, seems like regular kid stuff. She explained one time where she told the class it was time to clean up the toys because it was time to do some work. She said he came up to her and said that he didn't want to clean up, but he wanted to continue playing legos. Call me crazy, but I just see that as a kid just wanting to play. All she had to tell him was that they get to play with them another day, but for now they had to clean up. She just always tells me he's so rude. When I question him about days at school, he never tells me about anything bad that would have went on. He may tell me things like he accidentally knocked over something or said an answer before the teacher called on him. Is this teacher overreacting? Or is there really an issue with behavior that I need to get ahold of? I don't want him being punished for typical kid stuff in a class full of preschoolers, but I don't want him to get by for actual behavior problems either.