rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default getting urine and blood out of a pillowtop I can't put in washer

title really says it all. This is an old pillowtop for our Select Comfort 4000 and looking at the underneath part, it is falling apart and needs to be replaced. Since I can't do that today, I need to clean it. The stains are from last night. I ran a wet washcloth over both to dilute, now what?

I can't do cleaners with floral or chemical smells as they tend to stop me up, but if that's my only option will sleep on the couch tonight to allow the scents to disappate. We're expecting rain so I can't hang outside.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you plan to replace in the next week id try to let dry and slap a waterproof cover on it and call it a day.

If you need to clean it I'd try bac-out or nature's miracle.

Fortunately there is a sleep number store near us so I'll mosy over there and see if replacing the pillow top is possible (it's 10 years old) or if I need to buy a new set (they zip on) and what that will set me back. I thought we had some Nature's Miracle left over from the dogs but can't find it so I'll swing by the pet store on the way home.

Thanks.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

Hydrogen peroxide takes out bloodstains, just pour it on and blot. It is like magic!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Hydrogen peroxide takes out bloodstains, just pour it on and blot. It is like magic!
    Good to know. Nature's Miracle didn't work on the blood (it was set, must have been older than I thought.)

I may be able to replace the pillowtop, their customer service isn't open on Sunday but I can call tomorrow and get details.

eta: While I blotted the nature's miracle, I let it sit overnight and the blood stain is much lighter. I squirted some more on this morning, blotted after 10 minutes and we'll see how it looks this evening.
    Last edited by rlu; 03-03-2014 at 02:08 PM.