Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Headaches during period

After having DS my periods are awful. Heavier, longer and like 25 days in between them. My ovulation pain has been really bad and when I get my period I have headaches for the whole week. Idk if it's thyroid related because I have Graves' disease and I'm pretty sure I sent myself hypO due to medication and not getting bloodwork on time or just age related (I'll be 40 this month ugh). Anyone else?
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Post kids I had (still do) worse O pain.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have had headaches with my period for as long as I can remember. If I don't stay on top of the pain it makes me nauseous. Sometimes throwing up. Usually ibuprofen is enough strong enough if I catch it early. I also had the same headache for the first few weeks of my pregnancy with DS1. It is a specific pain that I cant really describe but I don't get it any other time than during my period.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by jerigirl View Post
    I have had headaches with my period for as long as I can remember. If I don't stay on top of the pain it makes me nauseous. Sometimes throwing up. Usually ibuprofen is enough strong enough if I catch it early. I also had the same headache for the first few weeks of my pregnancy with DS1. It is a specific pain that I cant really describe but I don't get it any other time than during my period.
    Yes, that's how I feel right how, like I could throw up. I call them hormonal headaches because the only time I feel like this is around my period. It's an odd pain and like radiates across my head almost tingly. It'd seriously affecting my mood today and I have no patience for my kids.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    Yes, that's how I feel right how, like I could throw up. I call them hormonal headaches because the only time I feel like this is around my period. It's an odd pain and like radiates across my head almost tingly. It'd seriously affecting my mood today and I have no patience for my kids.
    Hormone headaches. Exactly. Mine are usually on one side of my head/temple/eye. (though not always the same side...) No fun. I am sorry you are starting to have these and that I don't have much to offer besides commiseration for you.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

I have migraines with various root causes, but one of the triggers is definitely hormonal, as I can predict when they will occur, and they are awful during pregnancy.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this too. Definitely stay on top of the pain...letting is go untreated will not be good.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Some of those reasons caused me to go back on the pill at 46.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think you guys are having classic migraines. Hormones can definitely be a trigger. They are for me. So sorry you are suffering!
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

I have them too. I often dream about getting up and taking something, only to wake up later in horrid pain and trying to remember if I took something or if it was a dream. I think I'm going to start sleeping with water and Excedrin on my bedside table during that week. I'm also going to try taking 4 weeks of active pills this cycle, and then trying to extend the time between cycles with my BCPs (suggestion of my new OB/GYN). I occasionally get headaches at other times, but they are primarily during period week and are very severe.

Quote Originally Posted by kdeunc View Post
    I think you guys are having classic migraines. Hormones can definitely be a trigger. They are for me. So sorry you are suffering!
    That's what I was wondering because of the nausea. The nausea actually hit first, the night before and then the next morning I got my period and the headache. I still have the headache this morning but not as bad. I thought migraines had auras or whatever it's called? That's what made me think no.

I had my tubes tied so I wouldn't have to be on the pill.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast