Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by azzeps View Post
    Call the number on the instructions. They sent me a part. It was painless. I don't know how big the part is that you need but maybe they'd still send it.
    I had the same experience. And fwiw, I've also been able to go to the store and get spare parts when we lost screws during a move. The CS in our store is annoying in that you have to wait in a slow line/take a number, but the people I've dealt with have all been nice and helpful. On the occasion I called the number on the instructions I received the missing part in the mail within a week.

kbud is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmommy View Post
    I had the same experience. And fwiw, I've also been able to go to the store and get spare parts when we lost screws during a move. The CS in our store is annoying in that you have to wait in a slow line/take a number, but the people I've dealt with have all been nice and helpful. On the occasion I called the number on the instructions I received the missing part in the mail within a week.
    That's interesting. I called the number on the instructions for days and never reached a live person, only an automated system. I was on hold once for over an hour and then was automatically disconnected. Glad it seems to work for others.

In my experience, IKEA will happily replace broken parts IF you go to the store, wait in line forever, and show them the broken piece. I have called the service number before and was told that they could only help me if it was an internet order. If it was purchased in store, you have to go back to the store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2