Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Exersaucers

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We didn't have one, but they had them at DDs daycare. DD1 was never a huge fan of them, but I think DD2 used one more. I think I would have pushed getting one if we had more open space in our house. I have no issues with then what so ever.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I used an exersaucer and jumperoo for both of my DD's and I credit them for their early developing muscle tone. I used them from 2 months (holding up head on own) until 11 months when they were walking. I used them for only a little bit each day, but I found that my kids blossomed. I think they made them stronger by forcing them to use their muscles. They were sitting up at 5 months, pulling up on the crib at 6 months and fullystanding at 7 months, and walking unassisted at 10-11 months and running around that time too. I credit both the exersaucer and jumperoo for that. Again, I would limit how much time per day as many people overuse them, leading to physical issues. If you use them right, they are engaging developmental toys and I would feel no guilt over using them.
    DD 11/09
    DD 06/11

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We never had one for DD1 and 2, and it was fine. Then we got one as a housewarming gift before DD3 was born. She LOVED it. Never saw anyone whap up and down the way she did. And FTR she has the strongest core of her sisters, as well as musculature in general. Her gross motor skills showed up before the other two as well.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3