Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Potty training - which pullup?

Hoping to buy these today - which pullup do you all recommend? We've used 7th generation diapers and really like them, but I don't know anything about pullups. DC has sensitive skin. FWIW I'm planning on using the pullups only for overnights. Thanks.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Why not just use diapers for overnights? They are cheaper and more absorbant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Why not just use diapers for overnights? They are cheaper and more absorbant.

We would do pullup during nap but you will want diapers at night for absorbency. Your DC probably won't know much in differentiation between the two.

Used 7th Gen, Earth's Best, and Whole Foods 360 pullups and liked them equally. Whichever I can get the best price on.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post

We would do pullup during nap but you will want diapers at night for absorbency. Your DC probably won't know much in differentiation between the two.
    ITA. We only use pull ups during the day and diapers at night. Pull ups are just expensive diapers and helpful for all the up/down use during day time potty training.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did use pull-ups for DS for night time. When he stopped using diapers during the day, we just stuck with no diapers, so we used pull-ups. My DS was mostly night dry by that time, though, so the absorbency didn't matter. It was really just in case.

We used the huggies, but my DS doesn't have any sensitivities.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

I used whatever brand was cheapest, including store brand. I honestly couldn't see much difference, I was a LOYAL Pampers diaper fan with both kids. But like most others, I also used regular diapers for overnight because they are more absorbent.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No pull-ups . They make potty training take 10x longer!!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If no pull-ups... do you mean just go to undies cold turkey?

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are potty training right now. My DD wears training underpants (hanna or gerber) mostly during the day. At naps we use a pull-up and at nighttime we use a regular diaper (still have heavy wetting overnight....definitely too much for a pull up. we mostly use the huggies overnights for nighttime).

I would NOT go cold turkey to underwear for nighttime/naptime until they are having dry diapers or pullups during sleep for like a week straight. Unless you want to be changing pee pee sheets every night.

My DD1 night trained about 4 months after she daytime trained, so by 3 years 7 months she was 100% underwear. My DS just got out of pullups at nighttime in kindergarten. Every kid is different!
    Last edited by nfowife; 03-07-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

With DD1 we intially just used Costco diapers at night while she was PTing (she trained at 3 yrs. and a couple of weeks). Once she was day trained though she wanted Pull Ups at night so we used Pampers Easy Ups because they fit better than Huggies Pull Ups. Then we tried cloth Fuzzi Bunz (I was buying when I was pregnant with DD2) because I thought it would help her recognize her wetness, but when she outgrew those at 4 we switched back to the Easy Ups. She never had many daytime accident issues (except slightly regressing for attention when DD2 was a newborn; she was 4 then) once she was trained even though she was pull ups at night time. We did put her in pull ups initially for longer car trips or when we were out for more than an hour or so for about the first month she was trained (didn't have to do that with DD2, but still carried extra panties with us because she had an issue keeping the pee in the toilet!)

TBQH I don't think Pull Ups are evil especially if they are just being used for night time and you have a heavy wetter or heavy sleeper, they are easier to get in and out of for a larger toddler or 4 or 5 yr. old. I would go with the brand that fits best. With DD2 we also tried the Parents Choice ones and they were okay. Kids are different in regards to night training. DD1 couldn't get a handle on it until she was almost 5/1/2 (and I figure that was because she was such a heavy sleeper), DD2 got it almost immediately at 3 yrs. and a week when she day trained.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-07-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast