Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    It sounds like you guys are doing great. I totally get the apprehension though. No idea what will happen for us next week at school either. You mentioned puddles on the first 2 days. Was she wearing undies, or did you try the no-undies approach? I'm wondering if I should switch to no undies.

You and the pp mentioned candy rewards. Do you just tell your DC that they get the candy if they go in the potty (meaning they do not get the candy if they do not go in the potty)? How do you handle it if they ask for more than 1 piece of candy (I foresee a power struggle there). What if they try to go and sit on potty, but nothing comes out -- still get the candy? I've never done food rewards before so would love to learn more.
    I put the candy in a glass jar that they can see, and explained very carefully the rules of the 'game'.
    The only problem I had was when my DD would piddle a little, get a reward, piddle a little more. We just said no to that after a while, I think. Otherwise no problems.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mackmama, how goes it? Just checking in on you. My DD wore underpants (the blueberry training ones) to nursery school on Tuesday. She had 2 accidents- once, she didn't make it to the bathroom in time. The 2nd one, she made it to the bathroom, sat on the potty and went....but had forgotten to pull down her underpants. Oh well.
    She is doing great at home, and hasn't had anything more than a few drops in her underpants in a while.
    So, give me an update!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfowife View Post
    Mackmama, how goes it? Just checking in on you. My DD wore underpants (the blueberry training ones) to nursery school on Tuesday. She had 2 accidents- once, she didn't make it to the bathroom in time. The 2nd one, she made it to the bathroom, sat on the potty and went....but had forgotten to pull down her underpants. Oh well.
    She is doing great at home, and hasn't had anything more than a few drops in her underpants in a while.
    So, give me an update!
    Nice work!!! It sounds like she is doing great - and good job for taking the plunge on sending her to school in underpants! Color me impressed. Keep me updated please!

Thanks for checking in on us. It has been a bit start-and-stop over here. We had one day with lots of accidents followed by a better day followed by a day with a GI bug (lots of diarrhea) that required a return to diapers for 2 days. Today we are back in undies and doing (fairly) well. I figured out that the "training undies" weren't working for DC - they were too thick and absorbent. So we bought some regular 'character' undies at Target that DC is excited about wearing (thanks to PPs for that rec!). I also learned that DC's currency is stickers which seems to be helping the process along. However... DC still isn't announcing the need to go to the potty and then running to the bathroom. I'm not sure if DC can't feel it coming or doesn't want to stop playing or what. Any tips? I keep saying "Tell Mama when you need to go the potty, ok?" but DC hasn't done it yet. DC either has an accident, or I am aware that it's been too long so bring DC to sit on potty and then there's pee/poo. So... slow progress.

nfowife... how is your DD doing? Been thinking about you guys. Hope it's going well. My DC has proclaimed a "diapers only" moratorium on the PTing for now. I guess DC isn't quite ready. So.... I wait.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are basically PT'd. Underwear all the time, I still put on a pull-up for naps but at naps it is almost always dry (she only naps about an hour and a half and she pees right before going down). At night she wears a diaper and that's always full in the morning. She is going on her own (and also when we ask her to) and I am still doing a chocolate chip for a pee, and 2 jellybeans for a poop, and it's working well. However she needs to be reminded to wipe (for pee, I do poop) and also needs help pulling up underwear/pants afterward. Looking forward to summer when we will wear a lot less clothes.
    Give it time! My DS was closer to 3.5 when he finally trained. I had to use a big toy to entice him but it worked.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by nfowife View Post
    We are basically PT'd. Underwear all the time, I still put on a pull-up for naps but at naps it is almost always dry (she only naps about an hour and a half and she pees right before going down). At night she wears a diaper and that's always full in the morning. She is going on her own (and also when we ask her to) and I am still doing a chocolate chip for a pee, and 2 jellybeans for a poop, and it's working well. However she needs to be reminded to wipe (for pee, I do poop) and also needs help pulling up underwear/pants afterward. Looking forward to summer when we will wear a lot less clothes.
    Give it time! My DS was closer to 3.5 when he finally trained. I had to use a big toy to entice him but it worked.
    Wow how exciting!!! Sounds like your DC is doing great. Good to know your DC still has a wet dipe in the mornings and is also PT'd. I wasn't sure if I needed to wait until the dipes were dry in the morning. I might try the different treats for pee vs poop. That might help us. We will get there. Congrats to you guys!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5