OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Update: DH broke my Bee+ :(

He was being sweet and was putting it in the trunk while I got into the warm car. He forgot that the seat was in recline mode AND that the wheeled board was attached. When he collapsed it he said he heard a crack but that it folded flat like usual (or as flat as usual can be with a wheeled board attached). I went to use it today and it won't come out of recline mode. In fact, it's missing a tiny piece of plastic and the outer plastic shell is apart from the inner piece only on the left side. Do I need a whole new seat or just this part? http://shop.bugaboo.com/INTERSHOP/we...bee_2009_parts **If you look at the bottom right of the bugaboo back rest, the plastic piece that is broken is the rectangular piece at the bottom that looks a bit like a locking clip for a car seat.

Or would a whole new seat just be easier to do?

Updating to let you guys know that we did order the whole seat from Bugaboo. Got it in 2 days and took it all apart (about like a carseat, lol) and put it all back together. YAY FOR A WORKING STROLLER AGAIN! Although, the dummy that I am, I forgot to take off the canopy clamps and when I realized my mistake my husband went outside in the rain to dig the whole broken seat out of the trash so that I could remove the clamps (and then took it back outside in the rain to return it to the trash). He loves me, lol. <3
    Last edited by OKKiddo; 04-06-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Updating

Bumping to see if someone knows if that's the right part or if I should buy the whole seat for $109 instead?

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no idea, but I would cry! Can you give Bugaboo a call and see what they think?

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    I have no idea, but I would cry! Can you give Bugaboo a call and see what they think?
    I finally got through to Bugaboo on the phone. That was a frustrating process! I would call, wait through the entire process and just when someone would pick up, I would get a fast busy signal and then a dial tone (hung up on). That happened no less than 8 times. In a row. When I finally spoke with a rep, she told me that I should probably see an authorized repair person...the nearest of which would be located in New York (I'm in the D.C. area). Not happening. I described the part that was broken and and how it was broken and she felt that my best bet was to just buy a new seat ($109 + taxes and shipping). Either way it's cheaper than a new stroller. That and I love my Bee! I just wish they'd build a Donkey with Bee+ seats instead. That would be my dream combo. Donkey wheels, Donkey Double, but the wonderful height/leg adjustable seats of the Bee+!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was always bummed I didn't get to try out a Bee. They came on the scene too late for me to justify a purchase! (or frantic sell/swap, which was more my style with strollers, LOL.)

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by OKKiddo View Post
    I finally got through to Bugaboo on the phone. That was a frustrating process! I would call, wait through the entire process and just when someone would pick up, I would get a fast busy signal and then a dial tone (hung up on). That happened no less than 8 times. In a row. When I finally spoke with a rep, she told me that I should probably see an authorized repair person...the nearest of which would be located in New York (I'm in the D.C. area). Not happening. I described the part that was broken and and how it was broken and she felt that my best bet was to just buy a new seat ($109 + taxes and shipping). Either way it's cheaper than a new stroller. That and I love my Bee! I just wish they'd build a Donkey with Bee+ seats instead. That would be my dream combo. Donkey wheels, Donkey Double, but the wonderful height/leg adjustable seats of the Bee+!
    If you are on the Facebook swap, you could look for a new seat there for less. I would also check eBay.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

Quote Originally Posted by ebp913 View Post
    If you are on the Facebook swap, you could look for a new seat there for less. I would also check eBay.
    Even now, with the possibility of getting a better deal, I cannot be tempted to go back to Facebook. I left over a month ago and haven't missed it AT ALL! I will give ebay a look though. Hopefully that will work out.