Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

There is only one ipad Minecraft and it can't be modified (unless you're a serious computer hacker type). I think this other kid has either spent more time developing his world or he is playing with others via wifi or he is playing survivor mode which your DS finds more exciting or he has used a seed. Google Minecraft PE seeds and you can get some codes that when you type in will generate a new world that is "enhanced".

Globetrotter- The PC version is definitely the most robust version for the enthusiast, but the ipad version is considered a good mobile version.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I googled seeds. Are they okay to use? It seems like they are user submitted. Are some seeds part of the official minecraft and others user submitted modifications? For example, one of the seeds is called "flattering" and it sounds cool, but I'm not sure if it's okay to use or not.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS says all that seeds do is generate a particular world. They are safe to use. You can also type in a seed at random and see what you get.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The PC worlds are more impressive than the iPad worlds, but I far prefer the iPad controls.

I have another question. I can't see a place to type in the seeds or create new worlds. When the app launches, there are three options: "join game", "start game", or "options". If I enter "start game", it goes to 2 options: "creative mode" or "survival mode". I choose one and the game launches--it never gives me an option to start a new world. I have looked under options, and I don't see any way to do it there either.

I tried googling this and couldn't figure it out. Like I said, I'm clueless about minecraft! (I meant to add this to the earlier post, but I somehow doubleposted.)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I have another question. I can't see a place to type in the seeds or create new worlds. When the app launches, there are three options: "join game", "start game", or "options". If I enter "start game", it goes to 2 options: "creative mode" or "survival mode". I choose one and the game launches--it never gives me an option to start a new world. I have looked under options, and I don't see any way to do it there either.
    I figured it out! You are using the "Lite" version, which is free. That's the only one that has "join game" "start game" or "options" when you first go in. The full version only has a "Play" button when you first go in, and once you click it, you're taken to a list of your worlds, where you can click "New" at the top to create a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    I figured it out! You are using the "Lite" version, which is free. That's the only one that has "join game" "start game" or "options" when you first go in. The full version only has a "Play" button when you first go in, and once you click it, you're taken to a list of your worlds, where you can click "New" at the top to create a new one.
    Thanks! We've paid for the full version, so I'm not sure why we are using the "lite" version but I will check into that. Pastrygirl, you have been so helpful!

Glad I could help! When you buy the full version, it doesn't replace the Lite version, and maybe the new (full version) icon got put on a different page? My 4yo sometimes plays the Lite version by accident. I should just remove it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2