Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default ISO Kid-Friendly Shampoo

I am having a problem with my 18 month old DD...

We usually only bathe her every other night an have been using Aveeno baby wash which is what I still use for DS (he is 5).

I have been noticing that her hair doesn't seem to get very clean after washing and on the second day it is stringy and oily and disgusting.

I am searching for a recommendation for a kid-friendly shampoo that will maybe help get her hair cleaner.

Also to add her hair is getting quite long, and while she has a lot of hair it is very very thin, and I am hoping not to break the bank.

Should I be looking for a 2 in1 or a separate shampoo and conditioner or should I get a detangler.

TIA
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

When I noticed that with DD, I switched over to an three-in-one (shampoo, conditioner, body wash) from Suave's kids' line, which is what DD still uses for her shampoo at 10yo. No idea how it rates on any of those "good for you" sites, but DD loves it, it's tear-free, and I adore the delish cherry scent!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

HipMama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We just use regular adult shampoo and conditioner. Which right now is Pantene but I switch it up every time I buy a new ones.

Are you washing it too frequently? Not sure the ingredients but maybe causing excess oil production. We was DD1 hair weekly using Honest kids and it isn't oily even then.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We also wash less often for our boys. Even the ones with long(er) hair seem to do best with water washes most of the time and Burts Bees or for the oldest Suave on occasion.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Suave here but I have short haired boys
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We use the Sauve 2 in 1 shampoo here.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is what we're currently using: http://www.aussie.com/en_US/aussie-k...oner-body-wash I like the pump to get out the soap and no lid flipping to deal with.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We currently use the Suave products on DS, but I wasn't sure if it was gentle enough for my 18 month old.

I have tried to go longer because I only wash my hair 1 to 2 times per week, and my son can go that long between washes too, but her hair just gets so oily and stringy.

I should also add that despite my effort she still has fairly significant cradle cap.

My DH has hair like that it is oily about 8 to 10 hours after he washes it so I just assumed that she had hair like him.

I purchased some of the 3 in 1 Suave for her and we will try it out, I like the look of that Aussie 3 in 1 too.

Thanks everyone for their recs so far.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My dd has thin, fine hair down to her waist. I really like (best) Paul Mitchell baby shampoo and detangling spray. My second favorite is the Circle of Friends line.
    http://www.cofbath.com/Retail/Shampoos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast