Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ladysoapmaker View Post
    I used the Lansinoh Bags and I just used them as the liners in my Playtex bottles.

Jen
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Thanks everyone! I'm about to order the Lansinoh bags on Amazon, but reviews seem to say that the Nuk bags are better. I think I'll start another thread about storage bags....thanks again!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Quote Originally Posted by jammytoast View Post
    This too. I'd pull the bag in from the bottom, unzip the bag and pull it up and over the threads, screwing the nipple and ring over them. No waste!
    I made sure I was on a steady surface and dropped it in through the top then unzipped and pulled the zipper part over the threads and screwed the top back on. I had to be careful I didn't overfill the bags. Spill city if the bags where overfilled.

Jen
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That trick with the Lansinoh bags sounds neat, but I'm guessing it won't work with frozen milk? (Ie, you have to defrost the milk in the bag first?)

We're also using the Playtex nursers. Playtex used to make a pump adaptor system to allow you to pump directly into the drop-ins liners. I don't think they are still making it, but diapers.com still has some. I have them from DD1. I found that I can drop a liner into a bottle. screw on the adaptor, and pump right into the liner, take off the adaptor, and screw on a ring/nipple or one of the caps provided with the adaptor kit. I think this will work for me for fresh milk (ie, what I pump on Monday is used for daycare on Tuesday) but not for freezing. One of the downsides though is that it is very hard to tell exactly how much milk you pump. The measurements on the liners seem accurate but the measurements on the bottles themselves are way off.

http://www.diapers.com/p/playtex-one...rage-kit-21537
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Default What's your system for pumping and storing breastmilk?

Yes, TwoBees that's exactly the system I'm using now- I have the adaptors as well as all the rings and caps from 5 years ago when I had DD. According to amazon reviews, the new white rings and caps (the old ones that I have are blue) leak sometimes.

It's a great and convenient system, but it's not ideal for freezing as you said. It's not space efficient and you need so many rings and caps. I decided that I will use bags for the extra milk that I freeze and the drop-in liners only for milk that's being used the next day.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Yes, TwoBees that's exactly the system I'm using now- I have the adaptors as well as all the rings and caps from 5 years ago when I had DD. According to amazon reviews, the new white rings and caps (the old ones that I have are blue) leak sometimes.
    And they're apparently not compatible with the older parts either!

I scoured the shelves of a few stores and found a few boxes of the older premium bottles and scooped them up (not the straight bottles, but the ones that are clear and curved with designs).
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2