Default NYC, vista or gluxe???

We are going to NY next month. Originally, I was set on bring the g-luxe because of its size and weight. But now I have second thoughts because the vista might be a smoother ride in the city for the messed up roads and because of the under basket.

Has anyone traveled with vista, any problem with gate checking it at the airport with AA?
    DS born 1/20/13
    DD due 11/3/15

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

American Airlines won't let you gate check the vista as it is over their 20 pound limit. They are insanely strict with their stroller gate checking rules. You could check it with your luggage though. If you buy the uppababy bag and register it, they would cover you if it got broken. Also if you plan to take any public transportation the Vista may be difficult to use. I'd probably opt for the Gluxe.

I had a Vista and never took it to NYC because we use the subways and the bus. I trooped all over the city a couple of weeks ago (including walking from 26th St. down to Little Italy) a couple of weeks ago with my 35 pound 3.5 year old in a Mac Quest, and it was no problem. So I would vote for taking the GLuxe.

I've never had a problem gate checking the vista, or my double bob, for that matter, but I'm not sure I've ever tried on American Airlines. Honestly, I ALWAYS fly Jet Blue now whenever their prices are remotely in line just because they are so family friendly!

Anyway, I'd definitely bring the g-luxe. It'll be much easier to navigate public transportation and taxis. It'll fold up in small restaurants. I think the ease of getting around with the g-luxe is worth giving up the better push and bigger basket.