Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Help! I want a recliner

I'm not sure if this a request for an intervention or a request for brand recommendations.

I have never liked the look of recliners...but now...I want one. We're planning a trip to La-Z-Boy today. Is there anywhere else I should consider? It's the only brand of recliners I'm familiar with, and I'm looking for comfort comfort comfort for my preggo body. I wouldn't mind a good deal, of course.
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not sure what your budget is but I have 2 recliners from Leathercraft Furniture. They are not cheap but will last you forever. Also you do not have to get leather. I have the 237-07 and paid about 1300 each. Love them because the ones are have are made for women or smaller people. My DH is small also , so they are perfect. We had a Lazy Boy in our bedroom at one time and I hated it. Uncomfortable and did not provide much support. Whatever you do make sure you sit in it before you buy.

http://leathercraft-furniture.com/in...and_easebacks/

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kcimato View Post
    Not sure what your budget is but I have 2 recliners from Leathercraft Furniture.

http://leathercraft-furniture.com/in...and_easebacks/
    Those look really nice! I honestly don't know exactly what our budget is either. I'd hoped to spend less than $1000, but I also want to get something that will last. I'm not sure if Leathercraft is sold anywhere near me. I'll have to call them!
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

DH and I bought two La-Z-boy recliners in the fall and are in love. We went with the memory foam. They are so comfortable and supportive. We went with leather and a smaller chair frame due to space & style concerns. My DH loves his chair. He is over 6' and it is big enough for him but small enough for my feet to rest firmly on the ground. We also went with the rocker/glider/swivel options.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I love rocker/swivel combos for nursing and sleeping while pg/napping with newborns. They are so much more comfortable! We had LaZBoys with Ds1 and Ds2 and wore them out. We had a smaller/narrower foot print that looked like this. The cheap-o replacements are far less comfortable.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

I bought the cheapest lazy boy rocker recliner. Overall I was happy with it and with the price except for one thing. Putting the footrest down resulted in a loud thump. Loud enough to wake a sleeping baby. I didn't notice in the store since it was big and loud there, but it was very loud in our small nursery. The more expensive ones weren't as loud, but I would try to pay particular attention before you buy. I would not buy my model again, but I would be willing to pay more for a quieter one.

kit is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I also am not a fan of the look of most recliners, but really wanted one for the baby. I ended up finding a great one at Costco for ~$400 that swivels, rocks, and reclines.

I had one of the mid-priced la-z-boy rocker recliners for dd2 and I loved it. It was so much comfier than the more expensive Dutalier glider that I had with dd1. I have slept many nights in that chair and it was worth the money.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

I've had my la-z-boy rocker recliner for about 8 years and just love it! I got one of their smaller models -- it's still comfortable and cushy but fit both me and my previous apartment much better than the huge ones. I've always liked it, but appreciated it even more during pregnancy when I had trouble sleeping. It is now in the nursery and I anticipate it will get a lot of use for rocking/feeding baby once he starts sleeping in there. For now since he's only 2 weeks old and sleeping next to our bed I've only used it a couple of times when I wanted to take him elsewhere to eat/settle down so DH could sleep.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have any local furniture stores you can go to? Our local store has a lot of recliners on display from several different manufacturers. You might want to go someplace like that just to see what all of your options are. There are so many different styles/sizes out there, it's pretty amazing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast