Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We love the comfort of the Ekornes Stressless recliners and the smaller visual footprint! I think we have the Diplomat or Consul.

http://www.ekornes.com/us/stressless-recliners

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

OP here. We went shopping today at La-Z-Boy and I found a couple I really like, but not in the stock fabrics. If I order custom fabric, the lead time is 7-10 wks, and honestly, I want it NOW.

They are, in general, way more than I wanted to spend. Dh asked me if I thought I'd really use this after the baby is born. I told him it sounds great for nursing and even falling asleep in the middle of the night. He agreed, and he's fine getting it, but now I'm really wondering just HOW much use this will get. I thought of putting it in the living room for now and in our bedroom once baby arrives. Dh doesn't really want it to live in the living room forever...
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Instead of a typical nursing/rocking chair, I got a LANE leather recliner/rocker. I love it. It is on the smaller side when it comes to recliners (some of them are huge). I love it and it wasn't overly expensive, but has held up really well, and doesn't look as, "country" looking as your typical recliner.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think recliners are great! I have this one from Hancock and Moore but in a different, non-shiny leather color. I paid around $800 for it.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We've generally used ours extensively at bed, nap, middle of the night. They're especially wonderful when you have a sick kiddo who just wants to be held or need to be upright at night to breathe and feel better. It was a godsend for our reflux and congested-all-the-time babies.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

tamar is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

I also got the least expensive lazy boy 8 years ago when pregnant. We use it constantly, rock the kids on it every night, held up beautifully. I live in it when pregnant, nurse on it, sleep on it when I have a newborn...we bought a dutalier glider (simple model) and rarely use it.

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I went to American Furniture Warehouse today and found a very comfortable, kinda ugly recliner. I love it. I'm calling it my Ugly Chair and everyone else better stay off it! I bought the floor model and they loaded it into my car for me. Cost $200, so I know it's cheap, but it's comfy now and we're not looking for a long-term piece of furniture! It's perfect!
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2