Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel like death today and my kids were unwakeable rocks this morning, but I did LOVE having daylight at 6:30pm last night! I'm more happy about it this year than ever, maybe because we're having such a cr@ppy winter? Woke up to SNOW today. BLARGH! Thank goodness for extra sunlight.

A big yeah that. I had to physically dress both kids this morning they were so tired. But it lasts all of 3 days. I am amazed at letters to the editor here=--people claim it ruins their entire biorhythms etc. hmm, something tells me those people don't have a problem going one hour "back" to take their kids to Disneyland. And then they have to come forward when they go home. All in one week!!!! the horror. The few times I have traveled to Europe, I am zombieish the first 3 days but I still function and then I adjust. It is totally worth it to me to have more day light!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our school has a teacher work day the day after the time change. I LOVE that! So we're taking it easy and getting used to the time change nice and slow. I LOVE that we get daylight into the evening now. It is my favorite and it means we'll be able to be outside lots more. I mourn every year when it is time to "fall back" because I miss my evening sunshine.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'll like it in about a week. The first days after though are torturous.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love there's still light when I get home at 6.30pm and I have enough time to walk them to the park or around the block and spend time outdoor. For some reason I'm never bothered by loosing an hour of sleep, its like it has zero effect on my. On the other hand DH feels it more.
    Last edited by Dream; 03-10-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Giantbear View Post
    love the result of it, hate the transition of it
    exactly

I hate that the clocks in our house still weren't changed today. I didn't realize it until I got out my phone and realized I was already 15 minutes late to get the boys at preschool!
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by g-mama View Post
    I love it. My kids can go outside and play after school and homework and kids in the neighborhood actually come out, unlike in the winter months.

As far as the dark mornings, it's hard for me to get up at 6:20 anyway, dark or light!
    this exactly!!

i really love being able to go outside after dinner. took the kids on a walk to the park yesterday and we stayed out until 8:00 almost! DS wouldn't stop talking about seeing the moon, etc. Evening walks really tend to relax them (i take them in the BOB) and it also helps me too. i don't know, as a working mom i hate having to rush from dinner then to do bath and then to bed,..i feel like there's little time for me to just leisurely play with them.

i do admit it's a little harder for me to wake up in the mornings bc i stay up a little later. but hopefully after this week it should be easier!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4