Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd definitely do it. It's not expensive. I think we were charged $30.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We are charged $45 per nitrous use. The dentist did say that it made a big difference and I wanted DS to be comfortable.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am wondering why no practices we have ever gone to have offered this. Anyone else have dentists that don't use it or offer it? We have gone to a family dentist and a pediatric dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I've never been to a dentist that uses nitrous oxide and neither have the kids. Ds1 had a tooth pulled but I think they just did topical and novacaine.

same with us. DD had to have one pulled at age 8 for same reason as OP. She is a BIG baby about pain and is also very anxious and it was not a problem or bad experience whatsoever. In terms of the anxiety, it was better for her to be with a dentist/office she knew well.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was at a practice in October that didn't use it. Until I needed work done I didn't realize they didn't have the gas because I've never been to a dentist that DIDN'T have it. To me it's a standard of care, and so we have left that practice for one that does offer it.
    I've heard they are going to start offering it for labor and delivery.... Already been in use for years in Europe. Sounds awesome to me!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2