MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Pain on bridge of nose?

Has anyone ever had, out of nowhere, a painful nose bridge? Like right on top of the nose/bridge of nose, it feels bruised or painful? I do not have any other symptoms (no runny nose, no congestion, etc). I went to see my primary care physician today, and she seems to think I may have bumped my nose or injured it without knowing. I don't recall injuring or bumping it at all. I woke up yesterday morning and noticed it felt bruised or painful when pressing on the bridge/bone/nose. The doctor checked the inside of my nose and did not see anything unusual and says I do not have sinusitis or an infection. She says to give it a week and it will probably just go away. I looked online (remind me not to do that!) and was scared when I read about cellulitis. Infection, close to brain, can cause death, etc. Of course my imagination ran wild! The doctor assured me I do not have cellulitis. So not sure what the problem is.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MMMommy; 03-10-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Health stuff freaks me out too, and googling is the worst even though we know not to do it. Do you wear glasses? I wonder if that could have caused your bridge to be sore. Otherwise perhaps you banged it in your sleep. I often sleep with my arm across my face and have occasionally smacked myself. I'd give it a few days and see if the pain persists.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My guess would be that you either popped yourself in the nose while sleeping or maybe your spouse did. Hope it feels better soon!
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do wear glasses, but they haven't been an issue in the past. A few nights ago, I think I fell asleep with my glasses on accidentally. So maybe something happened there. Hopefully it will subside soon. Internet researching medical issues is NOT good. Seriously, I read something like "infection in the nose area can spread to the brain and result in death."

Thanks guys!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Maybe a zit is growing? I've had awful ones that hurt almost like a sinus infection headache! Really hot washcloth compress usually makes it feel better.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've also had random pains that I think might be caused by bumps that i forgot, and they always go away. I am sure it's due to sleeping with your glasses on or something equally harmless.

Last night I slept with my hand under my eye and woke up with eye discomfort!

Don't google!! I now keep FAR away from Google IRT health issues, unless I have a definitely diagnosis. Even then, I am very careful.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I would think cystic acne that you can't see but hurts. If it helps, DH had cellulitis in his ear, went to the doctor (thought he had an ear infection), & was fine.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I do wear glasses, but they haven't been an issue in the past. A few nights ago, I think I fell asleep with my glasses on accidentally. So maybe something happened there. Hopefully it will subside soon. Internet researching medical issues is NOT good. Seriously, I read something like "infection in the nose area can spread to the brain and result in death."

Thanks guys!
    I'd bet the glasses bruised your nose. That's happened to me before.

Google is terrifying. It's also so easy to click on all of the different scary links.... like "such-and-such might be caused by allergies, the common cold, or cancer (provided as link)." Ummmm.... off I go clicking on the cancer link!

My DH had this & it was cellulitus. Not bad scary near death kind. But he did
    need antibiotics. Sounds like your doc
    missed it. Just wanted to post to share since he had the
    Same exact symptoms & I thought he was crazy &
    Acting like he had a man cold. Eventually he got
    terrible headaches & stayed home from work. Then I believef him & made him go to doc. He started to feel better 48 hours after starting antibiotics. Good luck!