Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When I'm at my mom's I have done a scoop (1/2-cup?) of ricotta with defrosted berries or semi-sweet chocolate chips for dessert as well. I believe this was one of the suggested desserts from the South Beach Diet book.

Tames the "sweet" craving without a ton of sugar. Of course, this assumes you like ricotta!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's not any healthier than popcorn, but popped kerns have a satisfying crunch if that's what you are looking for. They are crunchier than popcorn but not as hard as corn nuts.

I love popcorn as a nighttime snack. It's really not a bad snack so long as you make it yourself rather than using microwave popcorn or bagged popcorn.

I also love roasted chickpeas. You roast them until they're crunchy, and you can season them sweet or savory. I don't know how much protein they retain when you cook the heck out of them, so I bet it's akin to popcorn.

If I'm really hungry, I'll make a cup of herbal tea and grab a cheese stick or a handful of nuts. The tea really does help fool me into feeling full. Another great snack is cheese chips. You melt cheese briefly in a pan. When you take the bits out, they crisp up like chips. Cheese and nuts are far more caloric, though, than popcorn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2