Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quick update:

(1) In order to try and rule out a preservative allergy, I bought some Dr. Bronner's and found a second foaming dispenser in the bathroom DD and I use. After THOROUGHLY rinsing the dispenser bottles, I used filtered water and about a half-inch of the Castile soap and got the same amount of foam I'd get from Method, so that's good.

(2) I continue to apply the hydrocortisone & Cetaphil cream before bed every night. I've also added an application in the morning before starting work.

(3) I've kept up on taking my antihistamine (generic Zyrtec).

It's now been a week and you can't tell I ever had anything wrong with my hands unless you get close.

Thank you all for your input!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My kids and I all have eczema and sounds like you could have a patch of it. My hands have been awful this winter too. Glad it seems to be under control now. Just wanted to mention one quick thing about the hydrocortisone...my DH is a physician and always has me apply it thinly to eczema flareups when they get bad (for me and kids), but then as soon as they start getting better, he has us stop the hydrocortisone and switch to another non-medicated lotion (eucerin usually) bc he said prolonged use of the hydrocortisone can thin the skin. So if your hands are looking clear now, I would switch to just the cetaphil rather than the mixture.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    My kids and I all have eczema and sounds like you could have a patch of it. My hands have been awful this winter too. Glad it seems to be under control now. Just wanted to mention one quick thing about the hydrocortisone...my DH is a physician and always has me apply it thinly to eczema flareups when they get bad (for me and kids), but then as soon as they start getting better, he has us stop the hydrocortisone and switch to another non-medicated lotion (eucerin usually) bc he said prolonged use of the hydrocortisone can thin the skin. So if your hands are looking clear now, I would switch to just the cetaphil rather than the mixture.
    Good to know, thanks!

I may have to get some cotton gloves to use for the Cetaphil then, so I can apply a nice, thick layer, and not worry about its impact on my sheets!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2