Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by crayonblue View Post
    Totally this. Mine will both eat mac and cheese and pizza. Beyond that, well, one likes nuggets and one doesn't. One likes hamburgers and the other eats no red meat. Neither like grilled cheese. One likes soup but the other gags at the thought. Both like apples, bananas, mandarin oranges and strawberries and no other fruit. Who are these children of mine??? I will eat almost anything and loved spinach as a kid. These must be DH's kids.
    Same here! One likes hot dogs, the other doesn't. One doesn't eat "dead chicken" (exception: mcnuggets, not chicken tenders, ONLY mcnuggets). Butternut squash soup, yes all around. But that's the ONLY soup. One loves Stroganoff. Both like pesto. One likes grilled cheese, neither likes tacos. Argh!

We have so far resisted their pizza every night plan.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 03-11-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms B View Post
    We know that we are very fortunate because The Biscuit will eat:

Enchiladas
    Eggplant parm (with or without noodles)
    Cannelloni
    Spaghetti white clam
    Lo mein with veggies and tofu
    Meatloaf
    Meatballs (including soy)
    Shepherd's pie (he loves the one from Costco)
    Frozen peas or corn, served still frozen (really!)
    Corn on the cob
    Breakfast for dinner (Pancakes, eggs, sausage patties, corned beef hash, hash browns)
    Pot pie
    Pizza with mushrooms
    Tortilla pinwheels
    Pho (we pull out the noodles and serve on the side with broth in a bowl)
    Most soups (tomato, veggie, chicken noodle)

We try to offer a protein, a starch, and a veg every night. Sometimes it all gets eaten, and sometimes not.

The Biscuit gets brekkie, lunch and snack at school and we figure that with food offered at least four times a day (plus milk right when he wakes up), he will eat when he is hungry (or not when he is not hungry). His school tells us that this is the best way to get him to listen to his appetite and learn to stop when he no longer is hungry.

We also let him try anything we are eating at home or when we are out. So far habanero salsa was not enjoyed, but truffled deviled eggs and scones have been big hits!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    My kids ate everything at age three. I hope yours continues to. Mine hit four and decided to become picky. Luckily, they still eat vegetables.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Spaghetti and meatballs
    Quiche
    Chicken wild rice soup
    Chicken tortilla soup
    Pulled pork
    Roast chicken
    Pork tenderloin with apples
    Enchiladas
    Butternut squash lasagna
    peanut sauce noodles with chicken
    Chicken satay
    Roasted broccoli, roasted root vegetables
    Mongolian beef
    Tomato and mozzarella salad
    Kabobs
    "sample" or muffin tin dinners with a variety of items served with toothpicks

Quote Originally Posted by crayonblue View Post
    Totally this. Mine will both eat mac and cheese and pizza. Beyond that, well, one likes nuggets and one doesn't. One likes hamburgers and the other eats no red meat. Neither like grilled cheese. One likes soup but the other gags at the thought. Both like apples, bananas, mandarin oranges and strawberries and no other fruit. Who are these children of mine??? I will eat almost anything and loved spinach as a kid. These must be DH's kids.

I have found that both like "fondue night". I cut up a bunch of the above mentioned fruit, add slices of cheese and pretzels and melt some nutella and let them have at it. No complaining at least! Oh and they both like plain pasta with parmesan cheese. No sauce and no butter.
    Can't believe someone else has a kid that only likes plain pasta with parm and nothing else on it!!

That said DD is pretty good about eating lots of things. She's does not like onions. She is weird about sauces contaminating her other food (like me!) her fav two foods are sushi (raw and some cooked) and pizza - ESP when she helps make it herself at a friends.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Default What do your kids like to eat for dinner?

Bizarre veggie loving kids. All three eat veggies first and want more. As in eat cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, pea pods, carrot sticks, before touching other food. They all like similar fruits and most veggies but my 7 year old loves blasted broccoli (bake on cookie sheet tossed with olive oil salt and fresh garlic), ten year old like roast cauliflower (his sister likes raw cauliflowe(, two of three love roast brussel sprouts and two of three love sautéed mushrooms preferably portobello. They like "good steak" and love salmon ( wild only), scallops, halibut and crab but don't get why crab especially isn't a staple when it is by the pound. They like burgers grilled outside, two will eat Mac and cheese. My oldest is the most easy to cool for and adventurous. He will order off the adult menu something pretty interesting and love it. And all love fajita night - tortillas soft and crisp and tons of ramekins filled with chopped tomatoes, Cilantro, lettuce, cheese, pinto brand, flank steak etc. avacados and guacamole.
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 03-12-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Default What do your kids like to eat for dinner?

Both kids like salmon, shrimp, pasta with pesto, broccoli, rice, sushi, miso soup, Mac & cheese, zucchini, cauliflower, Thai and Vietnamese food, quesadillas, homemade chipotle (beans, rice, cheese, salsa, lettuce, and guac mixed tiger her

Dd likes all fish, All veggies, chicken

DS likes sausage, hotdogs, eggplant parm

ETA: both love salad, especially taco salad, Greek salad, really any kind of salad,
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 03-12-2014 at 08:43 AM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Fortunately they will eat almost anything. DD doesn't particularly love a whole fillet of wild salmon (TMI but in her defense she once had a bad experience getting sick afterward with a stomach bug). The three kids have different preferences for shellfish/fish (one loves calamari and scallops but doesn't love crab. Two love crab but don't love calamari and scallops, for example.).

They tolerate spicy but not extreme spiciness. Both DSs like hot sauce added to things. All 3 like sushi, they like our local Greek and Lebanese restaurants, etc.

For everyday kid/family food they like:
    soup-pretty much any type
    meatloaf
    grilled chicken breast (easy to make a lot in the summer on the grill, then slice and flash freeze)
    drumsticks
    burgers
    meatballs (we vary this a lot. We have a local place that makes things like chicken/lemon/thyme and chicken/ginger/cilantro sausage, so that makes it easy to come up with lots of variations)
    boneless chicken thighs (breaded in parm or tossed in yogurt, garlic, oregano, thyme, etc. and cooked)
    steak
    sweet potato fries is a favorite side (just cut up potatoes in the shape of fries, not the prepackaged ones tossed with maltodextrin, etc.)
    most veggies in general. Like PP, they like a big veggie tray and raw veggies probably more than cooked. Sometimes I put this out while prepping dinner and they eat more veggies that way.
    roasted veggies like broccoli and cauli
    2 of 3 like brussels sprouts
    quiche
    salad (cobb is a big fav. All 3 love HB eggs with avocado in a salad)
    taco salad
    fajita type stuff
    turkey ginger lettuce wraps
    chicken and salsa in the crockpot
    pasta of any type but this is usually only when we go out since I very rarely cook this at home

They've all had phases of pickiness but for the most part eat pretty much everything.
    Last edited by brittone2; 03-12-2014 at 08:32 AM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Generally there are only a few things that I make that EVERYONE will eat without complaint. These are:
    burgers (only make these when it's grilling weather so it's been a while!)
    Steak (same conditions as above)
    Roasted or grilled chicken (home-roasted or rotisserie from the store)
    spaghetti w/marinara sauce/meatballs
    Homemade chicken noodle soup
    creamy crockpot ranch chicken
    pesto pasta with chicken
    shrimp scampi

Every other thing I make someone doesn't like. I just smile and serve and ask that they eat a few bites. Otherwise they fill up on fruit (served at every dinner) salad or veggie (served at every dinner in some form), and bread. And they are growing just fine so I try not to stress except it's so wasteful! DS is my pickiest eater- he doesn't like rice, or egg noodles, or most potatoes, or most other sides.....
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

well they do love Annie's Mac & Cheese ..we usually make that once a week (we only make it Wednesdays just so we don't make it more than 1x a week, otherwise they'd have it every day if they could!)

My DS (4) looooves polenta. When I make it, he gets so excited. He's even said "my favorite foods are cake, polenta, candy and fruit snacks." LOL! So i say he likes it!! I love it too bc it's so easy to make. And toss some tomato sauce and meatballs and it's a meal. DH is not a fan though, and i try to eat lower carb and less grains so I don't make it as often.

Other things are costco meatballs, and the Costco Tilapia (that is breaded with panko crumbs). Yummy and quick. And yes, sweet potato fries

Also, Dh likes to make them avocado & cheese sandwich..avocado, cheddar cheese between two toasted slices of bread. Not fancy but we figure at least more protein and less sugar than pb& j (which we also do sometimes when we're in a rush).

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quesadillas. I literally wrap any kind of meat I have in a tortilla with melted cheese and they will eat it. Pasta (two like it with olive oil and parm only and one likes it with tomato sauce), meatballs, Trader Joe's frozen pizza, orange chicken, burritos. Today I have a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker with giardinera; they will have that in a taco. Certain chilis are also a hit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast