Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Nothing. (ask me how dinner went tonight).
    That would be my every night with my 6yo. Unless I make tortellini, ravioli or mac and cheese. Notice a theme of pasta and cheese? He sometimes does scrambled eggs, meatballs, and [I can't think of anything else]. He surprises me some days but many days he leaves the table declaring that he dislikes all of it. Ketchup helps get him to at least try foods.

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

my daughter is a good eater,

peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, zuchinni, spinach
    marinated chicken, chicken fingers (prefers the marinated), shrimp, steak, pork ribs, salmon (requests it once a week), tilapia, hamburger, hot dog,
    any type of pasta with red sauce or butter and grated cheese, mac and cheese, potatoes (roasted and mashed) corn, tater tots and fries, garlic bread
    any type of berry or melon, apples, oranges (she eats about 5 servings a day of fruit)
    most cheeses

Basically, she will try almost anything and like it.

My wife on the other hand.......
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We lucked out. My kids will pretty much eat anything. I am always trying something new to expose them to things and, fortunately, they tend to be great about eating. DS is better than DD. And, like most kids, they would love pizza, cheeseburgers, or chicken nuggets every day But they will eat just about every veggie (they love brussel sprouts cooked different ways, collard greens, any type of potato, asparagus, etc), any meat is good as long as it isn't chewy. The one thing they don't like is if something is too spicy.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My kids love to eat (meals where we don't have to "encourage" them to eat):

spaghetti
    turkey meatballs
    pizza
    baked soy salmon
    tacos
    bbq chicken
    roasted chicken
    mashed sweet potatoes
    crockpot chicken and rice
    lasagna
    steak
    sushi
    gnocchi
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Their two favorites are crumbled meats that they stuff in lettuce wraps. One is Nigella's Thai Crumbled Beef (we also use ground turkey). The other is just taco beef...I sauté ground beef with my own salt-free taco seasoning. Vegetable of the moment is either mashed cauliflower, steamed artichokes, or raw vegetables like red peppers.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

DS ate EVERYTHING until he was 4. He wasn't ever crazy about meat, but he'd eat any fruit, vegetable, bean, nut, cheese, sauce. It was fantastic! We could go to any ethnic restaurant. DD is almost two, and she still eats most things. She doesn't like nuts except in chunky peanut butter.

Now that he's 5.5, DS is starting to emerge from his ultra pickiness. Now he'll eat more. His favorite food is New England Clam Chowder, but only if it's thick and doesn't have any visible celery! He loves turkey burgers, turkey meatballs, turkey meatloaf-- he likes ground turkey! He likes fried/oven fried chicken. If the outside is crunchy, he'll eat it. Occasionally he will eat lasagna or Parmesan crusted fish or chicken. One never knows. He still eats broccoli and asparagus. Sometimes he'll eat beans. He loves saffron/Spanish rice but no other kind. He won't eat pasta!

I cook for DH and me, and if DS doesn't want to eat what we're eating, he can help himself to cheese and crackers, Greek yoghurt, PB&J, or any leftover he can get for himself.

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Since I'm starting to cook just for kids, I'm looking for more variety in things that they eat and that they like.

My kids get excited about lots of stuff that just isn't the very most nutritious, although I try to use fresh ingredients, natural products, and cook from scratch where available. The stuff they like includes kid staples like chicken nuggets, pizza, quesadillas and hotdogs. I've convinced them to like a few more adventurous food items like pesto, orange chicken, and minestrone soup.

What do your kids like?

TIA!

You can still make some of those things but give them a healthy spin. I like the Morningstar Farms Chik N patties (and nuggets). My kids will chow down on them and I clean up empty plates with a smile. Also, we like the Quorn Meat Free Beef Grounds--my kids will again wolf down some Tacos made with that (including spinach, salsa, tomatoes, etc).

They're not into the spicy stuff too much, but we do make Chocolate Chili and they love it. (Canned Chili Beans, a mild Chili Seasoning Packet, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, season to taste with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and of course 1/4 cup or more of Hershey's Cocoa powder. I've also been known to give it just a squirt of Agave Syrup to counter the acidic tomatoes instead of using sugar).

generally speaking DS is a good eater, he usually eats what we're eating.

so far he likes braised pork, pork chops, any form of chicken, salmon, cod, yoghurt, jello, PB&J, any kind of rice (spanish, white, brown)
    he loves bacon, steak, chicken drumsticks, and a lot of vegetables but particularly any form of peppers, brocolli, corn, tomatoes, but no potatoes. Doesn't like any form of potatoes including fries!
    any kind of fruits he can get his hands on, he'll eat it!
    likes crackers/cheese
    lemon ice
    pasta with red sauce, clam sauce, and pasta with olives.
    he likes anything that is spicy
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    That would be my every night with my 6yo. Unless I make tortellini, ravioli or mac and cheese. Notice a theme of pasta and cheese? He sometimes does scrambled eggs, meatballs, and [I can't think of anything else]. He surprises me some days but many days he leaves the table declaring that he dislikes all of it. Ketchup helps get him to at least try foods.
    My kids will only eat tortellini if I put it in with our Rotisserie Chicken Soup (carrots, kale/spinach/whatever leafy green I have on hand/or green beans, chicken stock, leftover chicken, cheese tortellini, and season to taste). The bonus is that it's fast, easy, and gone.

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have 2 picky eaters and one child who will eat everything but can't because of food sensitivities.

Picky eater 1 will not eat cake, hot dogs, cold food, hamburgers, sandwiches of any type.

He eats brown rice, white rice, green vegetables, grilled chicken, fried chicken, grilled mackerel, spicy kimchi soup, pasta, steak, adores noodles and loves fruits.

Picky eater 2 (3 years old) will not eat vegetables. He will eat brown rice, chicken, fish sticks, curry chicken, fish cake, fish balls and loves chicken parmesan. However sometimes he just doesn't want to eat. He will consume copious amounts of yogurt.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast