Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default HELP! Can't get diarrhea Smell out of carpet!

Diaper leaked on saturday. Dh used resolve carpet cleaner and cleaned it up. Stain was gone, but it still stunk on sunday. (So far that So Monday i went out and bought Natures Miracle and used it monday. Tuesday morning it still smelled (although not as bad), so i used natures miracle again and waited all dy for it to dry. Well, it still smells this morning! This is brand new carpet, too....

Any suggestions of what to try now? I'm out of ideas, but i HAVE to get rid of the smell!

Thanks for any help!

Oh yeah, we also have a carpet bissell capet cleaner and have used that, too.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Try BIokleen bac out. Also, I wonder if something in the resolve is destroying the enzymes in the nature's miracle. When using an enzyme based cleaner like BioKleen or Nature's Miracle, anything super harsh on the enzymes will render them ineffective IIRC.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i agree with pp. in the past we just use natures miracle only, lots of fans running and that helps. once when we had kids puke in carpet in our room, after nature's miracle i tried Resolve too to get the stain out because it was like neon-pink (LOL). i think resolve made the smell last longer, i swear. i just kept dousing it with nature's miracle and it eventually came out. so yeah..just stick with nature's miracle or similar.

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have heard that using cleaners like Resolve can make the issue worse, not better. When I don't have Nature's Miracle in the house I have used a combination of seltzer water and peroxide - pour on the area and leave for 5 minutes before cleaning with a sponge.
    DS age 9

White vinegar....how we got dog pee smell out for years

Maybe this is a dumb question - but do Nature's Miracle or Biokleen take stains out as well as eliminate odors...or are they mainly for odors/pee type stains??
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Nature's Miracle is good stuff for stains and smells. We had a cat who had major diarrhea problems at the end of her life. There is little other than kid vomit that smells worse than that. Trust me. Nature's Miracle has been used by the gallon here and it definitely works, but it takes some effort and patience and a thorough soaking of the affected area.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Quote Originally Posted by BabbyO View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question - but do Nature's Miracle or Biokleen take stains out as well as eliminate odors...or are they mainly for odors/pee type stains??
    It depends what kind of stains you mean. I find they work on bodily fluids...blood, urine, poop, throw up. This is in regards to stain & odor.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    It depends what kind of stains you mean. I find they work on bodily fluids...blood, urine, poop, throw up. This is in regards to stain & odor.
    Well, we've used spot shot (trigger spray - not aersol) for spills and accidents, etc, but can't find it anymore. We don't like resolve and I was trying to figure out if any of these would be a good alternative. We have more spills than accidents (pee/poop/vomit, etc)
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You could try peroxide, baking soda and a squirt of dish soap. That's worked on pet odors for me.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast