Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    It depends what kind of stains you mean. I find they work on bodily fluids...blood, urine, poop, throw up. This is in regards to stain & odor.
    Yep, pretty much anything biological. I think it works on some food stains, etc. as well since they are also biological.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

It's likely that it's in the carpet pad. What we've done for cat urine that still smells after cleaning the carpet is getting Nature's Miracle (great for any organic smell - pee, poop, vomit, etc.) and pour it on the carpet where the smell is. Make sure there is a large radius that gets soaking wet with it. Then take several towels and cover the wet area and start walking on them. Repeat if needed. If you live somewhere humid, you may want to put a fan on it to help it dry.
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nature's Miracle! I don't touch the mess with ANYTHING ELSE other than to sop up any excess with paper towels. Then I soak (SOAK!) the area with NM. Enough to soak the carpet pad underneath because that's where the mess soaked into. We always keep a gallon jug of NM in the house for exactly these types of things. Soak it, let it sit several hours, and then let it air dry on its own or blot it up if you want. Our dog had a horrible diarrhea accident once - SEVERAL piles of watery diarrhea all on the carpet where it sat for several hours in the guest bedroom before I discovered it. NM got it ALL out.

If there's a stain you may have to soak/scrub/blot and repeat. But if there's just a smell - just soak the spot and let it sit!

I'm so sorry! I'll echo Nature's Miracle or white vinegar, and really SOAK the area so it wets down through the pad. If there's a next time, don't use Resolve! Go straight for the Nature's Miracle. The Resolve that's in there may be hindering the Nature's Miracle from working.

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks. I did read to not use anything else before using natures miracle, but of course that was after we had already used resolve. We've used resolve on 3 separate diarrhea and vomit incidences (since After Christmas--yes, it's been fun over here--of course this all happened right after we replaced the carpet!) and never had a problem with the smell after. Next time we'll just use Nature's Miracle, though, and hope it works the first time. I doused it again today. And am still waiting for it dry.

I'm beginning to wonder if i bought the right kind, though. You're talking about gallon jugs and mine came in a spray bottle. I bought the advanced formula bottle, but they did have a million different kinds.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    Thanks. I did read to not use anything else before using natures miracle, but of course that was after we had already used resolve. We've used resolve on 3 separate diarrhea and vomit incidences (since After Christmas--yes, it's been fun over here--of course this all happened right after we replaced the carpet!) and never had a problem with the smell after. Next time we'll just use Nature's Miracle, though, and hope it works the first time. I doused it again today. And am still waiting for it dry.

I'm beginning to wonder if i bought the right kind, though. You're talking about gallon jugs and mine came in a spray bottle. I bought the advanced formula bottle, but they did have a million different kinds.
    You probably got the right kind but IME they only sell the gallon jugs at the pet store. And I prefer the gallon jugs because when you have an accident that seeps into the carpet pad (or mattress or whatever) it is more helpful to actually pour the NM on the spot to soak it. It's a lot easier than spraying and spraying and spraying. Though you could open the spray bottle and pour it out But the gallon jug is more cost-effective. Petco runs coupons every now and then and I try to stock up when I see a coupon because otherwise a gallon jug will set you back $25ish!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2