wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Amazon S&S - what do you order?

I hardly ever use S&S, and I feel like I need to figure out some things that would be a good value for us. Every time I start looking, I just get overwhelmed! I did just find my son's Cetaphil Restoraderm lotion (works well for his eczema) and so I'm putting that on S&S. But what stuff have you found is a good deal for your family?
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

diapers are the only which are both a good deal and are easy to guess the frequency/need (I do cancel when we are getting close to moving up a size.) Prenatal vitamins when I was pregnant. I may add our dishwashing detergent pods.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nothing. I hate the changes they've made to S&S where now there is a set monthly date and you won't get your stuff until then. When I need diapers, I need them soonish, not at Amazon's random date. Even though I have nothing on my S&S, if I were to add diapers, they wouldn't come for a month. In the mean time, I'll get costco to ship them to me for less money than I'd pay at Amazon and also free shipping.

There used to be a couple of things that i had on S&S, but I stopped needing them.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used to have a decent list but Amazon has dropped at least five of my items from Subscribe and Save in the past month or two. Anyone else experience this?

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Amazon has dropped some of my staples. However, I still get:

Kleenex paper hand towels
    various spices
    Enjoy Life products
    canned coconut milk
    coconut oil
    elk antlers
    Miracle Noodles
    Vanilla Milk
    granola bars

I used to get blue Daw, Seventh Generation Free and Clear Laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Not much because they keep dropping my stuff. I share the same frustrations as Mommylamb. If you price shop with Target/WalMart/Sam's Club/Costco or even a military base store I don't think for staples it is a great deal, but if you have zero time to shop then convenience wise it's great.

I finally added Clif Z bars and got them in January an then low and behold they have been oos since.

I got DDs diapers or pull ups from them almost continuously from 2007 to 2011, but when they changed the subscription benefit from 30% to 15% it became much less of a deal ESP. for 7th Generation diapers and thankfully Dd2 had no issues with Costco diapers.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I can't always hit 5 items, but some of what I get:
    Jarrow protein powder (unsweetened)
    emergen-C
    Lara bars
    Emergen-C
    Charlie's Soap
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used to have great luck ordering cereal, but they seemed to have dropped most of the cereals we eat. Right now I don't have anything on S&S.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've been frustrated with Amazon's S&S, especially recently. Amazon prices fluctuate so much, I have to monitor prices to make sure an S&S item's price doesn't spike right when it's shipped and charged to me. And what's a good deal at one point is often not a good deal later on, especially since the S&S discount is not as good as in the past. Amazon seems to keep dropping my S&S items that had the bigger discounts, and also seems to drop the lower-cost items that were nice to have to round a shipment out to the 5 items to get the extra discount (no more fels naptha bars). That said, I still do get some items S&S, like Lara bars, some granolas we like, Earth Friendly Oxo Brite, Mychelle SunShield, Emergen-C, some dog chews. I used to get fels naptha, Bob's Red Mill gluten free rolled oats, and some other things that Amazon dropped from S&S.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I finally added Clif Z bars and got them in January an then low and behold they have been oos since.
    I looked into getting Z bars from Amazon a while back, and at least at that point, they were way more expensive there than they are at Costco. Like nearly twice the price.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12