lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default new phone - which one

i'm eligible for an upgrade in a couple of weeks.

have been using a Droid and I totally hate it

so, do i go iPhone (which one) or Samsung or something else

thanks!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What do you hate about Droid? I love android and am not an iPhone fan. Tried out an iPhone for one week and quickly went back to android. If you don't like Droid, a Samsung won't help because it is still android. Or do you mean you are ok with android, but not Motorola Droid? I really like my Galaxy S4.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    What do you hate about Droid? I love android and am not an iPhone fan. Tried out an iPhone for one week and quickly went back to android. If you don't like Droid, a Samsung won't help because it is still android. Or do you mean you are ok with android, but not Motorola Droid? I really like my Galaxy S4.
    I mean I hate my phone - it's really buggy and just doesn't work smoothly at all. have to turn off and then turn back on often. it freezes constantly

my brother had the same phone and had the same problems
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

After 4 years of android phones, I was DONE with the bugginess and got an iPhone 5. If the 5s had been out, I would've gotten that one.

My husband didn't have the same problems with his droids. We always got the same phone at around the same time, and mine became nearly useless at the 1-year mark. I think I was too heavy a user. But he has a 5s now and really likes it.

I've had iphones and droid phones but I love my current Samsung Galaxy the best. It is not buggy at all and I much prefer the screen size and photo/video capabilities.
    DD '06
    DD '14

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    I mean I hate my phone - it's really buggy and just doesn't work smoothly at all. have to turn off and then turn back on often. it freezes constantly

my brother had the same phone and had the same problems
    That makes sense. I do really like my Galaxy S4. Has not been buggy (so far). If you like android, I would consider this particular model or even the new Galaxy S5. DH swears by his HTC One, so that may be a good one too.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love my iphone 5s, but we're an apple family - multiple macbooks, iMacs, iPads, iPad Minis, iPods, and I think we've owned every version of the iPhone between DH and I (Oh and DD who bought herself a 5C this year). I don't want a bigger screen on my phone (we have iPads for that) and the new camera is so much better than what I had (iPhone 4) and works great for me.
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcadams View Post
    I love my iphone 5s, but we're an apple family - multiple macbooks, iMacs, iPads, iPad Minis, iPods, and I think we've owned every version of the iPhone between DH and I (Oh and DD who bought herself a 5C this year). I don't want a bigger screen on my phone (we have iPads for that) and the new camera is so much better than what I had (iPhone 4) and works great for me.
    this is very important to me. the droid camera sucks. delay is awful. quality is not great

my brother has a samsung now, and he loves it, but i feel like he still has a delay in photos

my other brother and my sister have iphones and their cameras are almost instantaneous.

would love feedback on camera specifically

thx