Default Tyler Place in VT?

Has anybody ever actually been here? It looks great to me, like a way the whole family can go to summer camp together. My kids will be 2 and 5 this summer. Would it be a good vacation for us? I'd love to hear personal experiences if there are any.

ETA: I did look at some of the earlier threads that mention it, but I was hoping to get more of a sense of what it's actually like and what hidden costs might be. I'd love to hear what people like/dislike about it and whether there are alternatives that might work well and be less expensive or if it's unique (and why it's unique.)
    Last edited by 123LuckyMom; 03-13-2014 at 10:32 AM.

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was looking at it too and I called for a brochure. They're full for the main weeks of the summer. Call and check on your weeks today...or book for Summer 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by geochick View Post
    I was looking at it too and I called for a brochure. They're full for the main weeks of the summer. Call and check on your weeks today...or book for Summer 2015.
    That's good to know! I still would love to hear people's experiences. If we know it's something we'd like to do, we can book for the following summer. We'd want to go in August.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm sure I posted in the threads you read! If you have specific questions, please PM me!

I definitely recommend it to a lot of people!

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...s_Vermont.html

I like using trip advisor, I haven't been though so no first hand knowledge, but it's a lovely part of the country (I went to grad school in Vermont).

Hands down one of the best vacations I've ever been on. I just felt recharged. DDs turned three while we were there, they still talk about it. The food is amazing. AMAZING. Lots of great activities for the grown ups, or just sleep in a hammock. I'm still in contact with folks I met there. We haven't had a chance to go back, but it's something we hope to do.

ETA: the hidden costs are: alcoholic beverages, and some outings. But tons of activities are included. I took sailing lessons, which were free. I also went skeet shooting, which was not free. The accommodations are not luxurious, but they're perfectly nice. Seeing the Tyler's around the camp is really cool, it's a tiny bit like celeb spotting. There's nothing I really disliked, except it's so frickin' far! It's also not cheap, about the same as a deluxe Disney vacation. It's more relaxing though. Oh, and their wifi sucked. No TVs, which was fine by me. although now I think DDs would care, back then they didn't really watch much.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 03-13-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Look on You Tube...there are videos including the promo video by Tyler Place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci8qfz91HZU. There are other videos posted by guests. Everyone looks like they are having a great time.

I have never been but I do want to go...I think the kids would have a blast.