Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    ok i managed to get an 11:20 lunch reservation for Mon May 5th at Ariel's Grotto didn't realize reservations could be made up to 60 days in advance!! It sounds like for this, each princess is announced and walks through from table to table..from what i heard it seems would be okay for shy kids. great points about not having to wait in line to see princesses, etc, and yes we have to eat lunch somewhere. yay! i think both kiddos would enjoy it.
    Just an fyi, you can take the food you don't eat home with you. We asked for a box for some of the desserts we were brought because there is way too much for sugar for one sitting...

Have fun and don't forget your camera!

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just seeing this post, but we have done all of the character breakfasts/meals at DL except Surfs Up. We love them. We do sit down meals at least once a day anyway and this way we see the characters, get pics and autographs, and generally get to relax and enjoy. My kids were never afraid of either type of character, although they don't always do great with the posed pics, especially my DD with Ariel last time, I think because she loves her soooo much she was just overwhelmed.

I'd say Goofy's is my favorite and Minnie and Friends 2nd favorite. However if doing one I'd do Minnie's and we always get the later reservations at 10:30 or 10:40. We have a light breakfast then eat a big meal there and consider it lunch. We generally get a lot of time with the characters and see a good variety of the popular ones. The food is not stellar but its good enough - typical buffet food. My kids eat. They don't eat a ton, but I'm not one to worry about the quantity they eat anyway so its a non-issue for us.

The exception is if you have a kid really really into princesses, then I'd do Ariel's. We did it for lunch this time and my expectations were low but it actually was pretty decent food. It was not overwhelming IMO. We saw 4-5 of the princesses which is a pretty good mix I think. I've heard its even better if you can eat outside, its right over the water.

And yes all DL reservations can be made 60 days out except Fantasmic! dessert seating (which is awesome but not budget-friendly) If there is anywhere else you are looking to do table service, like Blue Bayou or Carthay Circle or others and its a busy time it is good to have a reservation in advance. Not always necessary, but good to have if you want to not miss out.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2