Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    Yay!!! And I think if you don't feed him before a nap, he'll actually eat better when he wakes because he'll be really hungry. Maybe? That was our situation. My babies really didn't need food to sleep, and it made it harder once they were not a newborn, as I think digesting was distracting!
    He slept for 45 minutes. Not long enough as I wished, but at least I know now that I can start putting him down awake and will keep working on that part at least.

I thought about that too, hoping he would eat better when he's hungry enough. I think I'm just so used to keep nursing and when he was newborn he ate a lot and this pattern just carry on until now and that's how we fell into this "nursing to sleep" pattern. So, I put him down again for 2nd nap now and he didn't want to nurse so I just let it be and he's still whining now... He kinda kept the pacifier in his mouth for about 20 seconds maybe then he spitted it out (bummer!) but we'll try again lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    To answer your other questions, I think it was a mixture of my kids being ready to nap in a crib and my noticing that they were ready and catching the window. Both of them, as they left the newborn phase, started to sleep worse when I tried to help them or on the go, etc. I did try to put them in cribs a couple of times to see if they would sleep at all earlier and I could tell they weren't ready at all because I could put them in the stroller and still get a great nap. I do think there is a window for kids when they can learn to nap in a crib.
    Yes, I agree about catching that window. DS also doesn't sleep well on-the-go anymore or anywhere if it's not dark and quiet.

We're officially down to 3 naps and he took 2 hour nap earlier without me nursing. I almost cried lol. The other two naps are still short, but I think I have hope now and there are only so many hours you can nap anyway because he's a good night sleeper.
    Last edited by babyfiorina1; 03-31-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Yay!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4