Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Trip Update in 13.........Williamsburg, VA?

Would a 6 and 7 year old enjoy Williamsburg? It's been a long time since I was there, and I can't remember much about it. Also, what else is there to do around there?
    Last edited by DietCokeLover; 03-29-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Bumping - hoping someone can answer.

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There's also Busch Gardens "Old Dominion" and outlet shopping, AFAIK.

I haven't been, but my brother & SIL have with their then-2-year-old DS. I think they had discounted parking & admission to Busch Gardens with their Sesame Place passes (owned by the same company) but beyond that, I'm not sure.

The last time I really wanted to go to Williamsburg, it was when Pleasant Company released Felicity. I think that the historic area does have kids' programs that even a non-history-buff first-and-second grader might find interesting.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We're taking DS to Busch Gardens for spring break, but he's only 4. I don't remember being a huge fan of colonial Williamsburg when I was a kid but I loved Busch gardens. I also plan to hit the outlets and we'll be able to swim at our hotel. How long are you thinking of staying?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My older DD *loved* it at age 6. But she was really into the history piece. We also did Jamestown in that same trip.

Busch Gardens is fun, but IMO is fairly expensive for younger kids who can't do all the rides. Water Country USA is next to Busch Gardens and is a great water park.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We took DD to Williamsburg last year when she was six. She really enjoyed the historical area. We did some outlet shopping and went to Jamestown, as well. She enjoyed all of it.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Thank you. We are thinking of going next week. We have a free place to stay, but I was hoping there would be enough to do. DC adore Liberty's Kids, so they are very into that time frame right now.

I think you will have a great time!

If you go to Jamestown, there are actually two. There is Jamestown Settlement and Historic Jamestowne.

HJ is the actual archeological dig site of Jamestown. https://historicjamestowne.org/

JS is a re-creation of the historical site. But it is very interesting and there is a fabulous museum. http://historyisfun.org/Jamestown-Settlement.htm
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

One thing we did when we went was rent a costume at the Visitor's Center.

http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/...stume-rentals/

We did it spur of the moment, but honestly older DD *still* talks about it! She loved that. And it made for fantastic pictures.

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I grew up down there and still have season tickets to Busch Gardens. I love it there as do my boys.

I think the colonial area is wonderful and different ages get different things from it. I would go!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast