Default Educational CDs?

Can anyone recommend educational CDs for a 5 year old to help learn things/ reinforce things they need to know in kindergarten?
    DS 5/09

Do you mean CD or DVD? We have the Rock and Learn Kindergarten DVD. My boys didn't like it the first time but have gotten more interested in it recently. The little boy's voice annoys me to no end, but it does have some relevant info.

We LOVE the Leap Frog DVDs. The Letter Factory has the letters and sounds only. Then we have the Talking Words Factory which really helped DS grasp the idea of forming words with letters. It isn't really good until they have a firm grasp on their letters and sounds though. DS1 has basically taught himself how to read, and I think these DVDs played a big role in that. They have a kindergarten DVD too that is probably good, but we don't have it. We have the math adventure one, but DS wasn't interested in it when we tried it before. I'll try again in a few months. I'm also thinking about getting some others to try from the series.

eta: If you really did mean CD then try Hap Palmer. Go to his own website, and you can hear clips from a lot of the songs.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

Yes, it is CDs that I'm interested in to play while riding in the car. I did order a Hap PAlmer cd, that is exactly the type of music I'm interested in. I will order more of them.

Any others similar to Hap Palmer? I really like the idea of learning through music.
    DS 5/09

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This may be too young but my 5 yr. old DD2 who starts K in the fall has a Little People fun with numbers CD. Some songs are more popular preschool songs with counting on them and some I had never heard before. She does still enjoy playing with her many Little People, but she has also been listening to this CD in her bedroom at night and singing the songs throughout the day and I think it had helped her better understand things like opposites, shape names, measuring, etc. Like after listening to it recently she was suddenly very interested in opposites so we played games, read books, did flashcards, etc. to help elaborate on the idea of opposites. This was all her idea to follow that interest.

If you decide you'd also like to try DVD's I second the vote for the Leap Frog ones. We have lots of Leapfrog stuff here and my girls really enjoy them and pick up alot from them.