Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Where to go for 3 day trip in mid July?

DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and are looking to do a fun 3 day, maybe 4 day, trip. We don't want to spend a ton of money but are willing to fly anywhere in US or Canada. I've traveled quite a bit in the US but DH hasn't so we are open to just about anything. We'd be content to sit on a beach or to site see. Where'd you go for a quick trip in the heat of summer if you had just one or two full days to enjoy the locale?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't remember where you live but cape cod or even Nantucket are good options.

Ok other options. I am pretty sure that Charleston would be to hot but we spent 3 days there in the fall and it was lovely. I'd consider NYC if you like theatre. I spent a weekend with a girlfriend at a resort just outside of Chicago and we just hung out at the pool, had a few drinks and read and talked and it was heaven.
    Last edited by hillview; 03-23-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'd go to las Vegas.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Montreal is a wonderful city. I was there last August and can't wait to go back. There is so much to do, but it feels low key, not like the frenzy of NYC or Chicago.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love northern New Mexico - Taos or Santa Fe. Beautiful and unusual scenery, Native American culture, lovely art and jewelry, and awesome restaurants.
    DS age 9

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can't handle the heat, so I would avoid most of the U.S. at that time if I could! How about Vancouver, Montreal, or Quebec?

Other options are Seattle or Portland. That part of the country is gorgeous in the summer. Or how about Maine?

ETA: If it's only three days, I would also consider your location so you don't spend all your time traveling!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I didn't love Vancouver, but the Olympic National Park is really nice. We flew into Seattle. Have you read the Twilight books? We stayed in Forks while we were out there. PM me if you want our trip itinerary and to see my photos. The weather out there was really nice in July, and it was a relaxing trip with beautiful scenery.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Banff/Lake Louise (Canada)? Beautiful in summer.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We are in w.NY so anywhere in driving distance or easy to get a direct flight. We have Boston and New Orleans on our short list. We've also been suggested Asheville.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mackinac Island in Michigan? Toronto or Montreal have awesome weather in the summer, at least compared to my humid midwestern July. Northern east coast beach locale (never been anywhere specific, but southern east coast beaches are so hot in July and I hate west coast beaches).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast