Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maybeebaby08 View Post
    They have both styles. They're not hard to stuff, it's just an extra step and I personally hate pulling out a wet/dirty insert from a pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't think I would like that either. I think I'll order a couple of AIO to have on hand to try.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Stuffing pockets isn't bad. I do it while watching TV Plus they dry faster than all-in-ones.

Getting a variety to try is a good idea. I actually got quite a few through my local Freecycle so I could try before buying.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i prefer the pockets to AIOs. they wash/dry faster and better. and, i can modify what I stuff with (ie. more for night, less for daytime with smaller clothes). i just stuff right before changing the diaper or may stuff a few at once. it doesnt' take any longer to stuff a basket of diapers then to fold a basket of clothes.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have tried it all and used mainly bumgenious pockets with ds2, then with ds3 I preferred bumgenious AIO in nb and sm (before 6mos) as well as covers and prefolds. After 6 mos we mainly used fitteds with wool, and pockets. We also moved at that time and now have well water so finding a new watching routine became a pain and I could never get it right so by 10mos or so we were in pampers. We used a mix anyway for grandma or sitters, so I wasn't devastated to stop. I actually still have all of ours! I keep thinking I should sell them, but never do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

With DS1 I didn't start CDs until he was 13 months and we used pockets exclusively (mostly Fuzzi Bunz).

With DS2 I CD'd from birth. For the newborn stage I used basic prefolds with a snappi and Thirsties x-small covers. I also had some cheap fitteds (I can't remember the name) to use with covers which I really liked and used when going out and at night (easier not to deal with folding and a snappi then). Once he was about 5 months old we pretty much transitioned exclusively to Flip organic inserts with either Flip or Econobum covers. The Flip inserts were the most absorbent and trim inserts I could find. Loved them! Loved the Econobum covers since they were so affordable!

I saved all of my CDs and will CD from birth if there is ever a baby #3. Prefolds are the most economical in the newborn stage since you can get 2 dozen for cheap. With a snappi and gusseted cover they easily keep all the bm poop contained. I would use them again and then transition to the Flip organic inserts.

CD laundry is the only laundry I don't mind doing! I would do a cold prewash with no detergent, hot wash (sanitary cycle) with detergent, then a second rinse, and dry in the dryer on hot. That's it!
    Last edited by essnce629; 03-25-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I did a mix of prefolds/wool covers & AIO's starting when DD was 9 months old; I upgraded to fitteds when she was about 20 months old, I think. We used them exclusively overnight and did a dry pail as well. (I grew up using a wet pail system and it was much more disgusting.)

I do fold and secure my prefolds ... and learned how on wiggly babies, so I'm not intimidated. I think if we have another, I'll re-learn to pin rather than bother with Snappis, which are great, but I think I'd like to pin.

I used Green Mountain Diapers' ClothEeze prefolds and fitteds, and sized Swaddlebees Simplex all-in-one's with hemp and fleece doublers, ImseVimse brand "flushable" liners, and Bummis (I think) "stay dry" fleece.

I air-dried my AIO's and pail liners, but machine-dried everything else.

I work FT, but I telecommute 3/5 days per week, so designating a day midweek and a day on the weekends for diaper laundry wasn't a hassle once I had a system in place for washing.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Cloth diapering for lazy moms doesn't exist IMO, and as with most everything, the learning curve for whatever method or system you choose will be short-lived.

If I were a new mom today, I more than likely wouldn't choose cloth diapers, because the new/modern options of today seem so complicated and involved to me, not to mention unrealistically expensive.

There's something to be said about old-fashioned cloth diapers. They cost next to nothing to buy, and once you have them, they pay for themselves in a few weeks.

I've cloth diapered all of mine. The oldest had lovely fitteds and covers that I obsessed over and stalked. Now I use BumGenius pockets. I much prefer the snap kind. I got a few aplix to humor DH, but those didn't stick after about 6 months of use. I don't unstuff before washing. DH discovered that trick. We use a dry pail and typically wash a load a day. Either DH or I throw them in on a custom setting (reallllly long wash with an extra rinse) with a delayed start so they finish close to when we get up. Throw them in the dryer when we turn on coffee and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I'll re-learn to pin
    Like riding a bicycle, you never forget.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Has anyone tried the hybrid diapers? I really want to do this but I'm still intimidated by the learning curve. We don't have a diaper store locally that I could go to which is a bummer, because I think it would be super helpful to see everything in person.

My husband wants to do the hybrid diapers and they get pretty good reviews on Amazon.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast