Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    Has anyone tried the hybrid diapers? I really want to do this but I'm still intimidated by the learning curve. We don't have a diaper store locally that I could go to which is a bummer, because I think it would be super helpful to see everything in person.

My husband wants to do the hybrid diapers and they get pretty good reviews on Amazon.
    Hybrids? Like gDiapers? I know people either love those or they hate them. I considered them, but my DH wasn't amenable.

There's also a SERIOUS risk of clogging your plumbing, especially if it's older, regardless of how "flushable" the inserts are.

Honestly, with the money you'd shell out, you'd do better with pocket or AIOs & ImseVimse "flushable" liners:

http://www.amazon.com/Imse-Vimse-Flu.../dp/B0009A3I5K

I have newer plumbing (house built in 1996) and we did just fine with these, but if you're worried, there are a lot of other companies that make flushable liners that are more like TP ... speaking of which, my mother says that she used Kleenex or TP for lining our diapers when we were babies, so that's another option.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Hybrids? Like gDiapers? I know people either love those or they hate them. I considered them, but my DH wasn't amenable.

There's also a SERIOUS risk of clogging your plumbing, especially if it's older, regardless of how "flushable" the inserts are.

Honestly, with the money you'd shell out, you'd do better with pocket or AIOs & ImseVimse "flushable" liners:

http://www.amazon.com/Imse-Vimse-Flu.../dp/B0009A3I5K

I have newer plumbing (house built in 1996) and we did just fine with these, but if you're worried, there are a lot of other companies that make flushable liners that are more like TP ... speaking of which, my mother says that she used Kleenex or TP for lining our diapers when we were babies, so that's another option.
    Our house is new, but the plumbing risk is notes. So do you use a flushable diaper in an AIO?
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Our house is new, but the plumbing risk is notes. So do you use a flushable diaper in an AIO?
    No, just a liner. It's a thin sheet of fibers, either paper or fabric, that can be flushed for easier cleanup of more solid BMs.

I used this brand of AIOs:

http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/Home...Cloth_Diapers_

They were used with the ImseVimse brand liners I linked in my previous post. My DD was older when we started CD-ing, so we used the Toddler sized liners rather than the Baby size, but they're effectively the same.

For liquidy newborn poo, they're not going to be as helpful, but they will be very helpful for the tarry meconium!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    No, just a liner. It's a thin sheet of fibers, either paper or fabric, that can be flushed for easier cleanup of more solid BMs.

I used this brand of AIOs:

http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/Home...Cloth_Diapers_

They were used with the ImseVimse brand liners I linked in my previous post. My DD was older when we started CD-ing, so we used the Toddler sized liners rather than the Baby size, but they're effectively the same.

For liquidy newborn poo, they're not going to be as helpful, but they will be very helpful for the tarry meconium!
    I meant disposable liners but pregnancy brain has taken over I don't know why I'm finding this so overwhelming. Thank you for being so patient will all of my questions!
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

I meant disposable liners but pregnancy brain has taken over I don't know why I'm finding this so overwhelming. Thank you for being so patient will all of my questions!
    It's easy to feel overwhelmed because there are SO many great options out there!

I grew up using prefolds and pins with plastic pants, but finding that there are so many other options now (and having a bit of disposable income to try them!) was really great for me to be able to "sell" cloth diapers to DH.

I found AIOs to be the most "daddy-friendly" in our house, because they're the most similar to disposables.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

I just got back from a cloth diapering demo. I decided to use a service for the first 4 weeks and then go from there. The service does prefolds with covers.

I like the idea of moving to fitteds after.

With the pockets, do you wash the cover and the thing you stuff it with? Do people like them better b/c it is customizable? I can see how it would be good for nightime but it seems like more to wash during the day.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I ended up cloth diapering at around 4 months with my second, but not really by choice. I mean, I wanted to with my first but couldn't keep up so I sold it all. Didn't even try with the second until I got tired of the multiple poop explosions every single day. He blew out of EVERY disposable known to man. Finally at around 3 or 4 months, I said I'm cloth diapering and bought a new stash. He was huge so I was able to buy large all-in-ones by that point, which lasted us until he potty trained at 3. I loved Bumgenious Flips, too! I used flushable liners to make it a little easier.

I had a few pockets, but really liked my all-in-ones and Flips the best. I think I mostly had BG all-in-ones; some of the organic ones, too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3