Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have vivid memories of this from "the other side of the diaper pin" -- and I don't remember even having an option of using a diaper service. No idea what was in those early disposables, but they were an instant rash-generator. Until I saw a PP's comment, I had totally forgotten that I had actually knitted diaper covers. They weren't all that absorbent but a good change from the dreaded plastic pants. Fun times...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Cloth diapers when you were growing up...

Oops, duplicate post. I had forgotten about the diaper pins with duckie and chickie heads

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I have vivid memories of this from "the other side of the diaper pin" -- and I don't remember even having an option of using a diaper service. No idea what was in those early disposables, but they were an instant rash-generator. Until I saw a PP's comment, I had totally forgotten that I had actually knitted diaper covers. They weren't all that absorbent but a good change from the dreaded plastic pants. Fun times...

Lol, yep, the wool needs a little help for the absorbancy. I would add lansinoh to the water in the sink and put the wool in the sink to soak it up and then have to dry it out for a few days. But it really helped those soakers to hold a little better.

I'm going to go ahead and close this ghost thread. It's over 2 years old!
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2