Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    As a follow up, the only Pillow Pet type things you CANNOT wash are the ones with lights inside - those are spot-clean only because the water will damage the connections.

I've always tossed stuffed animals into the washer & run them through the dryer; I use the regular cycle and mesh lingerie and laundry bags. You can use a pillowcase as well.

They've always come through fine, even the cheapie ones. The only stuff I wouldn't run through the wash is anything with those weird styrofoam-like pellets inside, like things you'd win on the Boardwalk.
    Exactly! Also, you don't have to go crazy sanitizing! A plain old washer cycle will do it. You can use cold water. The virus will still be gone. I promise.

Wash on a less harsh cycle, dry per tag, and sit it in the sunshine.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've had lice in our house 4 times and have therefore washed all stuffed animals on the sanitary cycle and hottest dryer setting with no problems. Probably about 30 stuffed animals and all have come out perfectly fine.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The pillow pet will survive a wash. Despite my best efforts in washing AND drying the stuffed animals.....all of them are still present and accounted for.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Binkandabee View Post
    Despite my best efforts in washing AND drying the stuffed animals.....all of them are still present and accounted for.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Binkandabee View Post
    The pillow pet will survive a wash. Despite my best efforts in washing AND drying the stuffed animals.....all of them are still present and accounted for.
    Hee. Thanks for the giggle. I needed that today.

I ended up washing it, but DS has been really sick again and I haven't had a chance to peek in the washer yet. I'm guessing/hoping it came out ok.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just toss the stuffies and pillow pets straight into the wash and dryer. They come out fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2