Default Favorite castle for 4-5 year olds (boys or girls)?

DS is 4.5 and we want to get him some sort of castle playset. I have seen several options...Melissa & Doug, Playmobil, Imaginext, even Disney/princess is a possibility (he is obsessed w/ Frozen and it has opened the princess floodgates ). I'd prefer it not be too weapon-oriented, or with easily removable weapons. Thanks for any recs!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Love the Imaginext ones. We enjoy the weapons though. Super fun that the Samurai castle can shoot discs from the tiger's mouth. You can easily remove that feature though by not providing the discs. The Eagle Talon castle is cool b/c it can interact with the bad guys (ogre, dragon, battering ram, catapult).

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My Four year old loves his Imaginext Castle and the weapons are easy to remove from the set if desired.
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Love the Imaginext ones. We enjoy the weapons though. Super fun that the Samurai castle can shoot discs from the tiger's mouth. You can easily remove that feature though by not providing the discs. The Eagle Talon castle is cool b/c it can interact with the bad guys (ogre, dragon, battering ram, catapult).
    This! We have the eagle talon castle and I am tempted to buy the samurai castle even though the kids haven't asked for it!

This is Castle-related and has seen a LOT of love by my 2 ds:

http://www.smartgames.eu/en/smartgames/castle-logix
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

DS loves his Imaginext castles! He has the Eagle Talon and the Samurai, and they are easy to remove weapons from.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11