lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default How Do You Store Play Doh Playsets?

DD got this Play Doh playset for her birthday:

http://www.yoyo.com/p/play-doh-frost...=%7Bkeyword%7D

I don't want to disassemble it each time she plays with it, so I'm looking for storage solutions, preferably of the Rubbermaid or Sterilite bucket variety. I'd need something at least 16" deep and 7" wide.

It would be a bonus if it could also store the eleventy billion tubs of Play Doh she also got, and a splat mat, but I'm not going to rule out a good solution if it doesn't.

Help!
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 03-31-2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: stupid auto-correct
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wish I knew! I just came to post about my art supplies solution for our cabinet and the ONE thing that is still just crammed in the cabinet is the play-doh set.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have to laugh because I think those art supply storage solutions are awesome! (We have very few art supplies - I am not crafty and DD is in daycare all day, so I don't find it productive to buy things that won't get used.)

I don't have a dedicated cabinet for PlayDoh, but I do have room in my under-stairs catch-all closet for something. I finally settled on a 56qt container from Target that was on sale. The playset fits perfectly, as does the splat mat, and all the tubs of PlayDoh, with plenty of room for another playset or two if we are so inclined.

Maybe I'll get her an old-school Fun Factory.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle