twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default TMI - yeast infections

How long should it take for symptom relief with OTC treatments (assuming yeast is, in fact, the culprit)? I'm using the 7-day one. I'm on day 4...still itchy

It's taken me to the end of treatment. AZO makes an OTC oral yeast treatment that I take in addition to the physical treatment. Hope you get relief soon. They suck!!!

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree - i suck up the price and buy the 1 or 3 day one.... and i get pissy when the 3 day doesn't work in 2 days..... stick with it

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm a fan of getting the diflucan pill from my doc. The OTC stuff doesn't do it for me...
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    I'm a fan of getting the diflucan pill from my doc. The OTC stuff doesn't do it for me...
    I asked - they want me to try the OTC first. Hoping it just needs a couple more days...if it doesn't work I'll call back. Ugh. I've never had a yeast infection before (that I knew of). Ever!!! (assuming this is what it is...).

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't use the OTC creams since I am sensitive or possibly allergic to one of the ingredients in them. Perhaps you are too. I use a Rx cream called Terazol and get relief by the next day (it's a 7-day cream).

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    I can't use the OTC creams since I am sensitive or possibly allergic to one of the ingredients in them. Perhaps you are too. I use a Rx cream called Terazol and get relief by the next day (it's a 7-day cream).
    Huh that is a possibility. I am still itchy and it's day 6. I'll call the doc tomorrow.