anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Is there any point to sleeping right now?

This darned stomach bug continues to tear through my house -- DD2 and DS had it last week, I had it Sunday, DH went down right before dinner and DD1 was spectacularly sick about two hours ago. I know she'll be up again (and again and again) throughout the night and I'm the only parent available (and DS still isn't sleeping through the night). I think I just have to suck it up and stay awake. At least then DH won't be bothered by me getting up and down all night. This will make my third all-nighter in the last week, punctuated by one day spent in bed but so sick I couldn't sleep. Fun times.

At least I have plenty of time to indulge my new hobby of obsessively googling how to disinfect every square inch of my house.

(and, by the way, even though it's abundantly clear that we didn't pick this bug up through DD1's school, I am still managing to feel all sorts of vindicated for keeping her home that one day. I think the sleep deprivation has fried the parts of my brain in charge of logic).
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

On no! Get some sleep. I would get it while you can, I say as I am up because my kids are taking turns keeping me up tonight. This stomach virus is the worst!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aww hugs! I hope you at least dozed on the cough!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hugs, was there a few mo's ago. I stayed up till 4am and I wake up at 545 for work! I was kept busy doing laundry with all the episodes, and stayed in DD's bed, while DH snored. He had no idea, how nice!

Hope you managed and the bug is done!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I hope you slept! Ds2 had the stomach bug last week and slept through the night then woke up to throw up just one last time. I was so happily surprised that he stayed asleep!