Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Are denim dresses in this spring?

I found a good deal on a denim dress at Boden. (Montmartre dress, I have the cord version and really like it.)

Should I pull the trigger - denim dresses are in as far as I can tell? Or is it more shirt dress style?
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think it's really cute…for me, it would be one of those things I had trouble finding a place to wear it to, though…I wouldn't wear denim to work, but it doesn't look casual enough to wear around on the weekend.

I did buy an Old Navy denim/chambray shirt dress for the summer, but I'm 8 months pregnant and can't tell if it will fit or be flattering PP. So probably sending it back. But I do like the looks that I see with denim dresses and shirt dresses in general.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it's cute. If you work in a business casual environment, I think it can be worn to work, especially in the summer. If I didn't have outside meetings, I would wear something like that to work. And I'd also wear something like that on weekends. It would be great to wear to a BBQ somewhere for example.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got it for under $50 (they sent me a $10 off coupon - yah!). I have no business environment to wear it in, LOL. But maybe it will get here before Easter and I can wear it then.

Hoping it's a lighter weight denim for spring.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I love it. I would wear it.