Default Supportive Flats that a Podiatrist Would Approve of?

Is there such a thing as supportive flats (that could be worn with skinny jeans, for example) that a podiatrist would be ok with? Apparently the only shoes I currently own that are "approved" are New Balance tennis shoes that I almost never wear because I just don't like wearing tennis shoes, and a pair of Dansko clogs that obviously aren't going to go with everything, most importantly not skinny jeans!

I have some orthotics and a lift that need to fit in the shoe as well. Any suggestions?
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

I would do a search on here - http://www.barkingdogshoes.com
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would recommend trying Merrell - - becuase I KNOW that their standard inserts come out of their shoes - - and i was able to fit an orthodic IN! I suggest trying them in person - because you may have to size up to fit the insert in.

Also LOVEEEE Orthoheel - - and don't even have to put orthodics in them! They have been fabulous for my feet issues! You see them alot on QVC now.

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Taryn Rose shoes are designed by a former orthopedic surgeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sntm View Post
    Taryn Rose shoes are designed by a former orthopedic surgeon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    other than Merrells that's about as good as your are going to get. I have great luck with Jessica Simpson flats of brands, the Leve ones. I have a large wide foot that is hard to fit and these fit my feet well and don't cause any pain. I don't wear orthotics though. Dansko does make quite a lot of non clog shoes these days so you might want to check there.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thanks....I will check into all of those. I have a fairly narrow foot (size 8) and don't need custom orthotics, but the podiatrist did give me some that will help keep my heel from moving around. He wants me to find shoes that don't twist from side to side (imagine how you would wring out a washcloth), don't bend too much at the balls of the feet and have a pretty stiff heel. That rules out A LOT of shoes. So I'm on the hunt for at least one pair of very versatile flats in a neutral color that won't bankrupt me!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

I have Plantar Fasciitis and have had orthotics for about 5.5 years now, and the only 'regular' (non-athletic) shoes I've been able to fit my orthotics in are Sketchers (ballet flats, etc.) and Clarks (also ballet flats, and some boots that I sized up in). Otherwise I look forward to spring and summer so I can wear my Orthaheel flip flops (have 2 pairs and a pair of their dressier sandals). I've also heard that Crocs can be good for PF, they give more support, so I have a couple pairs of those, just in case.
    When I was first trying to find shoes to fit my orthotics, I went to DSW and looked through all the pairs that I thought were cute or at least passable, and checked to see which ones had removable liners so I could fit my orthotics in. My ballet flats are actually Privos- very comfortable on their own, but nice that the inner lining is removable so the orthotics fit in (I bought two pairs at the Clark stores, so I wear those in the spring and fall, Clark boots in fall, and Orthaheels sandals in summer).

Hope you find something that works!

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am currently being treated for plantar fasciatis. My pediatrist instructed me to get mephisto, merrel, or klogs brand for work shoes and new ballance or ascic for running shoes. Mephisto is expensive, but there are several traditional flat styles. My dr. sent me to a particular store to get fitted and they sold supports that fit 'bigger' footbed shoes and also arch supports that were narrower to fit dress shoe flats. I don't remember the brand name, but you could call the store and they would be able to tell you, it began with Dr.

This is the store I went to in St. Louis:
    http://www.lauriesshoes.com/

The mephisto shoes i purchased are narrower than the merrels I purchased.
    http://www.lauriesshoes.com/shopOnline.htm