Default Nursing Bra Help Please

DS is 6 weeks old now (how did that happen so quickly??) and I really need a good nursing bra.

I have several nursing tanks from Target that I love and wear a lot, but the only two bras I have that fit are:

Body by Victoria which was my favorite pre-nursing and I still like very much, but not so nursing friendly. (http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/...alogueType=OLS)

Bravado Basics stretchy nursing bra which I also like very much, but doesn't look so great under real clothes. (http://www.target.com/p/basics-women...=nursing%20bra)

I was measured at Nordstroms at a 32D and that is the size of my VS bra that fits well. I couldn't try on nursing bras there because they only had one in the store and it only came in larger cup sizes. I ordered an Anita bra in the same size that I really wanted to love but the cups are too big. I am still considering exchanging it for a 32C, but the cups are also shaped a little weird and the seams on them are quite visible through thinner shirts.

I had been wearing 34B during the last part of my pregnancy and had planned to just get a couple of cheap nursing bras from Target, but as it turns out the 32 band size really does fit me better and none of their bras come in that size! So any suggestions that would be available in a 32D?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I sound like a broken record, but I always recommend Breakout Bras. They have a huge variety of sizes and styles. I know most mamas adore their Bravado bras, but I didn't find them supportive enough AND they gave me uniboob! Those of us with big breasts tend to look frumpy without the true (cupped) bra types. Cake, Hotmilk, Anita... They make good-looking, well-fitting bras.

Do read any reviews or sizing notes when shopping Breakout Bras. The customer service there is truly topnotch, so email them if you have any questions. They will even suggest certain styles if you tell them your size and explain your needs!

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Actually the Anita bra I need to return is from breakout bras. I had not thought about asking them for suggestions though, thanks for the idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I called breakout bras this morning and have 2 bras coming to try out. The person I talked to thought my sizing problem was probably with that specific bra and not a measurement problem. Have not sent it back yet so if one/both of the new ones do not work I can send them all back together.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Awesome! I love that they know how the different bras fit so they can give you a (hopefully) specific recommendation! Good luck! It really makes all the difference to have a good bra!

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My favorite nursing bra of all time was the Bravado Body Silk Seamless nursing bra. Is that the same as the one you already have? It has a regular clasp back, not over your head style. I'm normally a 32D/E when nursing (after the initial 6 cup engorgement phase!!!!)

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/t...ss-nursing-bra
    Last edited by essnce629; 04-10-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I think I have the target version of that one. Not exactly the same, but very similar. I do like it, just need something with a little more substance for some clothes.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17