Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

One post college. Then SAHM ever since.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Post college (and therefore on my resume) - I'm on my 5th job.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Post-college I have had 2, and 1 was only for 6 months as I found a job in the city where we lived.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am almost 37 and I graduated from college in Dec., 1999.

Post college: 3 distinct positions with two different state govt. agencies. First was a student assistant which I got my senior year in college and kept until I had been out of college for almost a year. The second one I had I promoted into at the same agency and was there for 3 more years. I have been in my current job for just over 10 yrs. now with the second agency.

In college: I worked at a Montessori school as an on call aide, and then I also interned for my congressman. I also nannied for a number of families. I never worked in retail or fast food. I still keep the Montessori job, and the congressional intern job on my resume to show that I have been employable since I was 18.

My DH on the other hand is on his third job post college. His first he was laid off from just 2 yrs. out of college, then worked outside of his professional level work for 18 months and was hired by his current agency (also govt. employee) in Nov., 2004 so he is coming up on 10 yrs. with his current employer this fall. DH worked for two grocery store chains from 92 (when he graduated from high school) until 98 when he went to work as a student for a state agency. He worked there his remaining two years of college.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-08-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Since college I have had one. I had started nannying during college, stayed there after I graduated until I got pregnant with my DS in 2009. I worked there for 11 years and started my in home daycare last year after watching kids sporadically in my home after I left my nanny job.
    Promoting inclusiveness from within the special needs community
    "Just Include Everybody"
    includestephanie.com
    Stephanie's Shirt Shop on Facebook and Instagram

Mom to
    DD1 7-3-05
    DD2 7-5-07
    DS1 3-23-10

8 since grad school plus 5 consulting gigs on the side. I am 49.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

From high school to now- 8 jobs.

I worked all through high school at a large dept store.
    In college each summer I worked for the federal government (counted as 1 job)
    Graduate assistant job through grad school.
    3 different school districts
    3 different rehab companies (currently working for all of them now).

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Post college working full time with no real break, (14 years) I've worked for 3 companies. I just "celebrated" 10 years with the most recent. I've applied with other companies, but either wasn't offered or wasn't a good fit. In the current company I've even applied in other departments, but never got those positions either. I have been promoted or had my position "evolve" to accommodate new responsibilities or company restructure.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Post college? 2. I am 40 years old.

Since graduating college - 4 - my current gig as a SAHM is the longest at 10 years. All three before were different types of positions with different companies. I was with the one before my first DC for almost five years.

We are pretty stable now without any big changes on the horizon, but you never know.

In the calendar year I graduated from college - I graduated, got married, lived three different places and had two jobs. DH moved once, got married and worked three different places. Life is very calm now in comparison.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast